Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the Stop and Frisk act?
Yes 48 48.00%
No 52 52.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 05:11 AM

25,556 posts, read 24,024,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBF View Post
I have visited there before but during the winter when my skintone has lighten ehere I was not profiled compared to darker skin males.

And I can say I saw a few times when they did do this a fair number of times toward non whites and have been news articles and videos portraying their behavior!

And also, your post smells of continuing harassing people deem to be part of the underclass which is horrible.

It is a violation of our 4th amendment rights whether you like it or not and will be brought before the courts!
I notice you have no criticism of the criminal element whatsover. If there wasn't a crime and public safety problem to begin with, there never would have been a stop and frisk.

But you have to desire to criticism the criminal element who actually FED negative racial stereotypes and who JUSTIFIED a police and an ECONOMIC crackdown. Because you liberals came out so weak and bleeding heart on scummy behavior for criminals, you empowered the right wing to deal with these matters, and boy do they deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 08:26 AM

235 posts, read 374,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusjul View Post
Why are people here love defending Thugs/Gangs or males that love to Pretend to be Thugs (wearing certain clothes) in crime ridden neighborhoods. You are making it sound like the Cops are stopping every Black male they see on the street anywhere in NYC. Which is untrue. You may claimed that this happens. Really now? I don't believe it. Again, these Cops (Black and White) are targeting 'Thugs' who commit most of the murders/shootings in the city. And Most 'Thugs/Gangs' happened to be Black that live in these crime ridden neighborhoods in NYC. So they are going to be stopped more in these neighborhoods. Again they are not targeting the Black men that lives in a good neighborhood. Stop pretending this is what is happening. And if they do, then these Cops are really harassing innocent people and are in fact racial profiling. But this is not the case. They go to the Hot Spot of Thugs/Gangs activity where they live and operate. So you rather get robbed, assaulted, shot or maybe kill from one your 'Thug' buddies rather than let the Cops take the weapons off the streets so everyone can be safe?
Exactly!! REP!

Old 05-01-2013, 08:56 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,239,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
It's now legal in NY for cops to stop and frisk black people even if they aren't doing anything wrong.

Be truthful do you support this act?
They can stop and frisk anyone, not just black people. Don't start no trouble, won't be no trouble....bet.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:57 AM

73,132 posts, read 62,791,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
And you honestly think that the courts will Stop and Frisk? It might be amended, but stopped no.

For the record, I'm black ,and I have no problems with the police here in NYC. Period.

Again, you don't live here, so what makes you the ultimate expert on the ground of what people in NYC have had to deal with?

Just because you have issues with the police and authority, does not mean New Yorkers should be subject to criminals running amok. If you don't like NY, then don't come here, plain and simple!

And by the way, its a violation of our civil rights if we are targeted by criminals and thugs, period. The NYPD does good work, considering they have crime and potential terrorists to deal with.
So what you are saying is that you don't have a problem if you get stopped and frisked?

It is also a violation of your civil rights to be searched for no reasonable suspicion.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
They can stop and frisk anyone, not just black people. Don't start no trouble, won't be no trouble....bet.
And that is a violation. If you haven't presented yourself to be a threat, then the police shouldn't search you.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
So what you are saying is that you don't have a problem if you get stopped and frisked?

It is also a violation of your civil rights to be searched for no reasonable suspicion.
The reasonable suspicion is that you are living in high crime neighborhood in a particular corner or street and that you are either a Thug or like to pretend to be one. They ain't stopping Black Women. Because they don't shoot/robbed each other or someone else like a lot of young Black Men do these days in these neighborhoods.

If these young Black Men will settle their difference by fist fighting instead of shooting randomly at someone then this S&F would not be happening.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokistic View Post
The reasonable suspicion is that you are living in high crime neighborhood in a particular corner or street and that you are either a Thug or like to pretend to be one. They ain't stopping Black Women. Because they don't shoot/robbed each other or someone else like a lot of young Black Men do these days in these neighborhoods.

If these young Black Men will settle their difference by fist fighting instead of shooting randomly at someone then this S&F would not be happening.
Living in a bad neighborhood is not enough of a reason to suspect someone. Like I said, behavior should be a parameter, not where you live or your race. However, there are people who are saying "target Black males". I'm a Black male and I would not appreciate the police randomly stopping me. What if you don't act like a thug or pretend to be one and you still get stopped? That does happen.

Stop and frisk isn't going to stop Black men from shooting each other. If it worked, then violent crime rates among Blacks would drop.

My question is this. What good does it do for the individual? That is one question I've asked, and no one wants to answer.

S

Old 05-01-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Living in a bad neighborhood is not enough of a reason to suspect someone. Like I said, behavior should be a parameter, not where you live or your race. However, there are people who are saying "target Black males". I'm a Black male and I would not appreciate the police randomly stopping me. What if you don't act like a thug or pretend to be one and you still get stopped? That does happen.

Stop and frisk isn't going to stop Black men from shooting each other. If it worked, then violent crime rates among Blacks would drop.

My question is this. What good does it do for the individual? That is one question I've asked, and no one wants to answer.

S
Who are saying 'Target Black Males'? No Cops are S&F Black Males in good neighborhoods where is not needed. That is just an excuse of people here who are making this up to imply that Cops will stop any Black Males out there. Again that is not the strategy and that is a waste for the Cops time. They are going after the Thugs. Who in NYC most happened to be Black!

Old 05-01-2013, 12:41 PM
FBF

601 posts, read 934,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I notice you have no criticism of the criminal element whatsover. If there wasn't a crime and public safety problem to begin with, there never would have been a stop and frisk.

But you have to desire to criticism the criminal element who actually FED negative racial stereotypes and who JUSTIFIED a police and an ECONOMIC crackdown. Because you liberals came out so weak and bleeding heart on scummy behavior for criminals, you empowered the right wing to deal with these matters, and boy do they deal.
Oh please!

I have said that there should be more metal detactors and asking for IDs more often from everyone in a certain neighborhoods and touristic places so that it reduces profiling while still looking for hidden weapons.

So sorry that I support the 4th amendment and I pity you that you could careless that others (blacks and the poor) are being singled out.

So I am a liberal now?

I thought both liberals and conservatives support the 4th amendment?

And for your information, I am a moderate.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:21 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,249,663 times
Quote:
S&F has discouraged many black men from shooting each other. Just not all. There were 242 black murder victims in NYC last year, probably >1,500 in the peak killing years. 1,200 blacks were shot in NYC in 2012 (74% of the total, for 23% of the population).
In comparison, only 45 whites were shot. There are 50% more whites, than blacks, in NYC.
It's the goal of the NYPD to reduce minority shootings. S&F is just one proactive tactic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBF View Post
there should be more metal detactors and asking for IDs more often from everyone in a certain neighborhoods and touristic places so that it reduces profiling while still looking for hidden weapons.
Checkpoints on the streets?
I'd settle for them at subway & public housing entrances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City