Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 04:52 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,631,668 times

Advertisements

I seriously have no words. This BS monitoring of what this city eats has to stop somewhere.

Michael Bloomberg Strikes Again: New York City Bans Food Donations To The Homeless « CBS New York
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 05:05 PM

25,493 posts, read 37,381,378 times
Oh well,

I was planning on sending a 17 ounce Coke to Breezy Point...I guess I'll drink it myself.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:11 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,185,661 times
Let me guess how about if starbucks donate or even serve high calories coffees to those who are homeless. I'm sure Bloomberg loves big bussiness.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:28 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,028,395 times
I wonder what he has in his refrigerator? Well its the old do what I say not what I do thing. This is what happens when the Emperor wants total control over his subjects. The larger issue should be that people are being fed and not going hungry. People may stop donating if they keep this up. It's ridiculous. How much will people take of this nonsense?

Old 11-08-2012, 05:30 PM

1,431 posts, read 2,632,081 times
The article is almost 8 months old. Is this rule still in effect? I can't find anything about it.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:03 PM

12,339 posts, read 26,267,716 times
Have you seen the huge mountains of used clothes, including old high-heeled shoes, that have been donated to Sandy victims? These mountains of clothes are basically soggy trash that now someone has to get rid of. Have you seen the dozens of emails and info put out on websites that say "no more clothing donations"?

This is because people have no common sense. We have to have some rules in place. I assume there is some reason behind these food regulations -- which, by the way, are not new -- because probably you have places that want to drop off their old soggy french fries instead of dumping them in the garbage where they belong.

I would like to hear both sides before jumping on the "I hate Bloomberg" bandwagon, which everyone seems to want to ride on here.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:00 PM

2,894 posts, read 5,933,119 times
Yes, this article is from March. Is it still in effect? Maybe it was changed due to Sandy?

Anyway, I'm really not so against the city not feeding crap (ie; sugary drinks, fatty food) to its shelter population. If available, it's better to give them healthier food. More fruits and vegetables. Less processed foods.
In the long run it will save us money. We all pay into Medicaid in the form of tax dollars, so if we have an opportunity to save a little bit in the long run, we should definitely take it.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:05 PM

676 posts, read 1,267,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Have you seen the huge mountains of used clothes, including old high-heeled shoes, that have been donated to Sandy victims? These mountains of clothes are basically soggy trash that now someone has to get rid of. Have you seen the dozens of emails and info put out on websites that say "no more clothing donations"?

This is because people have no common sense. We have to have some rules in place. I assume there is some reason behind these food regulations -- which, by the way, are not new -- because probably you have places that want to drop off their old soggy french fries instead of dumping them in the garbage where they belong.

I would like to hear both sides before jumping on the "I hate Bloomberg" bandwagon, which everyone seems to want to ride on here.
I agree some people make stupid donations, but the mayor is an out of touch person who has no clue about the outer boroughs. He proved that with his marathon idiocy which put a lot of the runners out while simultaneously being grossly insensitive to the suffering people were going through and almost put an unnecessary strain on police, etc. He was late to the party on gas odd/even rationing and should have not lifted restrictions on car pooling over the crossings, except for emergency personnel and others needed to help with the recovery.

This idiot needs to go before he does any more damage. Cuomo & Christie are from 2 different parties, yet they know what they're talking about unlike this fool.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:04 PM

2,871 posts, read 4,813,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exscapegoat View Post
I agree some people make stupid donations, but the mayor is an out of touch person who has no clue about the outer boroughs. He proved that with his marathon idiocy which put a lot of the runners out while simultaneously being grossly insensitive to the suffering people were going through and almost put an unnecessary strain on police, etc. He was late to the party on gas odd/even rationing and should have not lifted restrictions on car pooling over the crossings, except for emergency personnel and others needed to help with the recovery.

This idiot needs to go before he does any more damage. Cuomo & Christie are from 2 different parties, yet they know what they're talking about unlike this fool.
↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑

Old 11-08-2012, 11:10 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,560,646 times
I guess its hard for Bloomy, when everything is not structured and planned out like in the Corporate world. When the unexpected arises and emergencies occur, a true leader will shine. Bloomy you failed. Not that he is a bad mayor but good to know he some flaws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: