Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2012, 12:08 PM

2 posts, read 3,587 times

Advertisements

Is there anyone on this forum who lives in South Jamaica, Queens (or surrounding area) and would share with me a little bit about the needs of the community? Regarding any of these or other topics: housing issues, education/childcare services, access to/quality of healthcare, safety issues, relationship with local police, local politics, use of social services, local businesses, unemployment, transportation..
Much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 08:38 PM

1,232 posts, read 1,831,378 times
Not a nice place. I was born there and lived there for 18 years. But,if u mind your own business u won't get messed wit prolly.Where are you from and where is your house.

So according to the qualities u want

Education:Bad

Housing Issues:Really bad.Foreclosure capital of nyc,no. 1 in mortgage fraud in the nation,4 whole blocks are abandoned and accompanied by squatters,drug dealers,and prostitutes. http://queenscrap.blogspot.com/2010/...oarded-up.html, High rat problem.

Childcare:not sure

Hospitals:Jamaica Hospital I heard Mary Immaculate's is shut down not sure

Police:cant count on them to good.But if you are living near rochdale village they have the 113th precint.

Last edited by JayJay718; 10-29-2012 at 08:51 PM..

Old 10-29-2012, 09:01 PM

1,232 posts, read 1,831,378 times
Unemployment isn't great isn't bad.

Transportation:Q85,Q60 and there is a subway station on archer and Jamaica.

Benefits:

The Door near da intersection of guy and baisley.Gotta love Jamaican Food

Lots of churches.

Hot Spots to stay away from:

Baisley Projects and 40 projects real names are Baisley Park Houses and South Jamaica Houses if u see these signs on a brick building don't go into the series of buildings ahead.

South Rd.

109th ave.

164th st.

107th st.

Union Hall st.

Guy R Brewer

These are off the top of my head.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:37 AM

2 posts, read 3,587 times
Thank you so much, jayjay718! this was very helpful! If you are able to, can I directly email you to get more info?? Hope you are ok from the storm!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City