Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 10:14 PM

13 posts, read 30,659 times

Advertisements

I'm a huge Texas Rangers fan, closest thing I had to a home team coming from Oklahoma, however I've heard that Yankee's fans are ridiculous, I wouldn't mind any heckling but would I get beat up if I wore a Rangers jersey and rooted for them at a game?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 10:25 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,167,905 times
You might get heckled, but I would guess that would be the most. I know Yankee fans have a reputation for being rude, but if you aren't one for trying to start crap or even one to egg people on, I say go support your team.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:34 PM

2,848 posts, read 7,578,567 times
People might make comments, more in jest than anger, but it's not like someone would start something or throw a drink at you or anything. Unless they're really drunk or you just run into a bad apple. At any game you have to expect to see some fans of the visiting team.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:28 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,238,927 times
Depending on where your sitting you might get harrased. The rangers are not a big rival of the yankees though. I think some people might be amused if anything to see actual texas rangers fans here in ny.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:22 AM

279 posts, read 854,120 times
As long as you dont wear a boston red sox jersey. Wearing a red sox jersey is like asking to be killed

Old 07-13-2012, 07:24 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,826,890 times
Just don't go around looking for trouble.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:24 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,690,271 times
Just remember your a visitor. If you're the type of visiting fan to start stuff you will def get it back. But if you aren't too outgoing about celebrating you should be okay.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:26 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,167,905 times
Now if it was a Mets game, no one would care which team you are supporting.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:26 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,038,635 times
Last year I was at a Yankee Redsox game. Four Long Islanders of exBronxite and exBrooklynite descent were wailing and slandering a Boston couple. During the game one of the four guys said after the game I'm going to stab you. He threw food at the Boston fans whats so ever. NYPD came and arrested all four of the guys. Also later on a group of italian Rican guys were talking heavly bad about Dominicans who are to much infatuated with Boston Redsox, before you know it these guys make a turn up Jerome avenue which a couple of blocks up becomes mostly a Dominican hood, I dont know what trouble they guys comitted up that block. Another time at sat by the bleachers, and some idiot was wearing a Kobe Bryant jersey to a Yankee game, some one threw a drink at this guy wearing a a Lakers Jersey. Yankee fans can be stupid sometimes I'd say. Also note after Yankee games I always walk by Patty wagons parked outside the stadium, its the only time in my life were I see a whole bunch of white people hand cuffed and ready to be taken to central booking which is a couple of blocks away. As a Yankee fan I have to say the Met fans are a bit more laidback.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:17 AM

655 posts, read 1,991,897 times
Jeez I'd hope not since the people who would actually get arrested over heckling someone in another team's gear is a small minority and not the majority of baseball fans. I'd been inclined to say you should be OK but you never know who else is buying tickets near you. I'd say if you do find yourself in that situation, don't engage them and if they do something like throw a beer or something, find the security guard near your section. I'm not sure if the Yankees have it, I'd think they would, but a lot of teams have numbers that you can text to in the event of trouble in your section. I'm sure if they have it, they would announce it on the scoreboard sometime before and maybe a few times during the game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City