Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 03:50 PM

196 posts, read 779,753 times

Advertisements

OK,I used to live in the projects and it was horrible,all the loud music,dirty elevators and stairways.That was a very bad experience but this place is interesting.How is the parking in the area?Do you get assigned parking spots?Is it safe to park you car? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2007, 04:28 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,250,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edrican View Post
OK,I used to live in the projects and it was horrible,all the loud music,dirty elevators and stairways.That was a very bad experience but this place is interesting.How is the parking in the area?Do you get assigned parking spots?Is it safe to park you car? Thanks
Parking is horrible, horrible.

You need to park in a garage or a lot.

I wouldn't worry about leaving your car out on the street, if you happen to be visiting let's say, but if you live there, you are going to want to park in lot or garage because otherwise it is too much of a hassle.

Old 09-13-2007, 06:00 PM

59 posts, read 232,930 times
Are you allowed to have pets if you own a condo in Parkchester?

Old 09-13-2007, 07:43 PM

11 posts, read 59,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingchenbo View Post
Hi:
Is it a good idea to buy a condo in parkchester? Several posts in craigslist give very low price, too good to believe.
I'll appreciate your suggestions.
Well you have to visit it for yourself, but i will give you some info. on the area:
  • Pretty decent looking apartments, well maintained buildings & grounds.
  • A`lot of shopping in the area- Macys, banks, a movie theater, supermarkets & dining........
  • A dedicated trainstation for the # 6 and plenty of buses.
  • Parking is absolutely horrible.
  • The area is pretty safe but there is some crime here and there.
  • It is also a very busy area.
Again, you should visit and see for yourself.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:56 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,250,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeBronxite View Post
Are you allowed to have pets if you own a condo in Parkchester?
My sis lives in Parkchester. The rule from what I understand is that you are not supposed to have pets. But a lot of people take their chances. It would be pretty hard to get caught. Your pet would have to be pretty noisy and cause a lot of complaints.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:36 PM

9 posts, read 38,346 times
Thank you all.
I visted parkchester last sunday. As pretty close as to what JPed mentioned, the complex looks quite ok. People are nice to answer your questions on the street. I even got a chance talk to someone who currently lives there. His commented that if you don't care too much, it's ok to live in parkchester. If you want a more quite place then forget it. He mentioned someone already tried to move out because of the increasing maintenance. But most to my suprise is that he said parkchester is like a jade and golden in the outside but rotten coton inside (forgive me, my poor english, but you konw what i mean). Hope this won't irritate somebody live there. If does, I appology.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:59 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,676,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingchenbo View Post
Thank you all.
I visted parkchester last sunday. As pretty close as to what JPed mentioned, the complex looks quite ok. People are nice to answer your questions on the street. I even got a chance talk to someone who currently lives there. His commented that if you don't care too much, it's ok to live in parkchester. If you want a more quite place then forget it. He mentioned someone already tried to move out because of the increasing maintenance. But most to my suprise is that he said parkchester is like a jade and golden in the outside but rotten coton inside (forgive me, my poor english, but you konw what i mean). Hope this won't irritate somebody live there. If does, I appology.
The person who commented. Do you know if he lived in the North or south? Big difference.

Old 09-17-2007, 02:48 PM

You are right, Scatman. The PSC looks better than PNC, at least from outside. I'm sure people who lives there will tell you the real story. So I chck out posts in the website:
www.parkchesternyc.com
Worth to have look, if you really want to rent or buy a condo in parkchester.

Old 09-17-2007, 02:53 PM

sorry the website i visted is:
http://www.parkchesterinfo.com/default_members.asp

Old 09-17-2007, 03:18 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,676,373 times
Prices are climbing up steadily. And I mean steadily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: