Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 10:18 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,039,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
I don't think Morris Park is far from the city.

But then again I don't have any biz there, except sometimes concerts in MSG.

So that's why.
Morris Park is far from the city it seems like an enternity to get there. I too myself dont have any biz to be there unless if Im visiting a friend or looking to smash some Italian broads. IF your looking for guidettes look no further than Morris Park. Some good pizza up in Morris Park and lets not forget a couple of tanning salons. Morris Park seems to be an Italian stronghold of the Bronx but I have seen some Puerto Ricans in and around the area but its hard to tell the difference between the two nowadays. To the OP did you ever check out City Island?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 11:38 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,248,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Morris Park is far from the city it seems like an enternity to get there. I too myself dont have any biz to be there unless if Im visiting a friend or looking to smash some Italian broads. IF your looking for guidettes look no further than Morris Park. Some good pizza up in Morris Park and lets not forget a couple of tanning salons. Morris Park seems to be an Italian stronghold of the Bronx but I have seen some Puerto Ricans in and around the area but its hard to tell the difference between the two nowadays. To the OP did you ever check out City Island?
I don't have any biz up in Morris Park and same goes for the city.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:00 PM

The important things in my life right now are

eat
sleep
hygiene

and occasionally smash some bubble gum PR chick in the backseat of my uncles Chevy. If I'm turned down by some UES chick because I don't have ambitions in life, I really don't care I can always go home and watch "The Adventures of Shorty Mac" videos. IMO ppl should not make life so complicated for themselves. Keep it simple folks.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 03-13-2012 at 12:17 PM..

Old 03-13-2012, 01:20 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,913,814 times
Quote:
I've been to City Island once back in 2007, worked on a house and went to a restaurant there too. I like the area a lot, but it far to get to. Morris Park isn't that far from the Whitestone Bridge, whih is why I wanted to go there.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:17 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,072,273 times
Quote:
Morris Park is far from the city it seems like an enternity to get there.
It takes 35 minutes on the 5 train to 42nd st. How is that an eternity ?

Old 03-13-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
I've been to City Island once back in 2007, worked on a house and went to a restaurant there too. I like the area a lot, but it far to get to. Morris Park isn't that far from the Whitestone Bridge, whih is why I wanted to go there.
Actually it isn't much further at all.It's the same exit off the Hutch.If you come over the Whitestone and then up the Hutch and get off at Pelham Parkway you either go right on Pelham Parkway about 2 miles to City Island or left about 1 mile to Morris Park/Pelham Parkway.

The difference for you to get to City Island is about 1 mile or maybe 2 or 3 minutes.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:12 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,240,149 times
Morris Park isn't that far. You can take BX22 either direction to either 6 or D. It's also close to the 2/5 train. Depending on time I'd guesstimate it takes about an hour to an hour and a half to get downtown...

Old 03-13-2012, 07:20 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,127,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MottHavensBest View Post
City Island might as well be Westchester county, except that lots of parts of Westchester County have better public transportation (easy access to Metro-North). City Island has a 1 lane in, 1 lane out road, then a drive to the last stop of the 6 train. Yikes! Morris Park is much better than city-island in proximity to the city and public transportation, but it really does feel far from the city..and the train ride feels long. It just is out of the realm of an easily accessible Manhattan bedroom community. Once you get north of 165th in the Bronx, the commute to Manhattan by train becomes too long...or
at least feels that way to many.
Just so everybody knows, City Island has a bus to the Pelham Bay Park (6) station: The Bx29 (it continues on to Bay Plaza in Co-Op City). There are also 2 BxM8 trips that are extended there during rush hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Morris Park isn't that far. You can take BX22 either direction to either 6 or D. It's also close to the 2/5 train. Depending on time I'd guesstimate it takes about an hour to an hour and a half to get downtown...
I don't think the Bx22 really serves Morris Park. It sort of skirts it while it's going between Pelham Parkway and Parkchester (I'm not sure of the exact routing). The Bx21 goes down Morris Park Avenue, though, and connects to the (2)/(5) at East 180th Street.

There's also the BxM10 bus to Midtown Manhattan.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MottHavensBest View Post
City Island might as well be Westchester county, except that lots of parts of Westchester County have better public transportation (easy access to Metro-North). City Island has a 1 lane in, 1 lane out road, then a drive to the last stop of the 6 train. Yikes! Morris Park is much better than city-island in proximity to the city and public transportation, but it really does feel far from the city..and the train ride feels long. It just is out of the realm of an easily accessible Manhattan bedroom community. Once you get north of 165th in the Bronx, the commute to Manhattan by train becomes too long...or at least feels that way to many.

Out of the realm of an easily accessible Manhattan bedroon community? Now you have really lost it.Tell that to the 10 million people who travel WELL OVER AN HOUR each way to Manhattan every day.
Thanks Sobro for more of your usual BS but the difference in the train time between Morris Park and 42nd st and 165th st and 42nd st is less than 10 minutes.

Yes,it might be too far for some but for others,the extra 10 minutes is a small price to pay to not live in The South Bronx.And for those going downtown in the AM rush and returning in the evening rush there is no difference because the 5 express bypasses all those nasty South Bronx stops anyway.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post

Out of the realm of an easily accessible Manhattan bedroon community? Now you have really lost it.Tell that to the 10 million people who travel WELL OVER AN HOUR each way to Manhattan every day.
Thanks Sobro for more of your usual BS but the difference in the train time between Morris Park and 42nd st and 165th st and 42nd st is less than 10 minutes.

Yes,it might be too far for some but for others,the extra 10 minutes is a small price to pay to not live in The South Bronx.And for those going downtown in the AM rush and returning in the evening rush there is no difference because the 5 express bypasses all those nasty South Bronx stops anyway.
When the new huge residential development by the Bronx River is ready for primetime it's possible the 5 express will stop on some 2 station also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City