Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 05:58 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,957,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToTheCity8 View Post
I just looked into moving into an apartment i really like there with a friend of mine. were both 20 year old white girls.
I keep strange hours and it wouldnt be unusual for me to be coming home at 2 or 3 am.
I hear mixed reviews about how good/bad this area is.
Thoughts?
Crappy area, don't move there.

What is with all these young white females that want to move to that craphole all of a sudden? If you're gonna move to Bushwick, at least move closer to Myrtle/Wyckoff or the L train.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 05:58 PM

5,001 posts, read 8,248,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post
America is obsessed with race. Especially when all of these types of posts start with "is it safe for a white girl to live here"?

What's that got to do with you?

Old 01-20-2012, 07:35 PM

57 posts, read 129,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post

What is with all these young white females that want to move to that craphole all of a sudden? If you're gonna move to Bushwick, at least move closer to Myrtle/Wyckoff or the L train.
THANK-YOU!!!

If you feel like you being a poor little white girl will make you a target then you have 2 option.....

Stay in your suburbs that you originally came from

or dish out the extra cash to live in a more affluent neighborhood.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:06 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,833,256 times
Just to let everyone posting on here know... As soon as the OP saw all the negative comments she most likely immediately assumed it was just ignorant advice and went for the apartment anyway... that is why there is no reply back from the OP she is busy signing the lease...

Old 01-20-2012, 11:22 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,626,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post

You didn't hear?

Bushwick is the new Williamsburg.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:50 AM

4,840 posts, read 9,957,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missjanna74 View Post
You didn't hear?

Bushwick is the new Williamsburg.
Bushwick is Bushwick, in other words, ghetto.

If anything, Greenpoint is the new Wiliamsburg [or Wiliamsburg is the new Greenpoint? which ever one was first hipsterfied].

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
Just to let everyone posting on here know... As soon as the OP saw all the negative comments she most likely immediately assumed it was just ignorant advice and went for the apartment anyway... that is why there is no reply back from the OP she is busy signing the lease...
I have a feeling the OP is a troll, this is like the 3rd or 4th thread that a "20 year old white girl" wanted to move to Bushwick this week....

Old 01-21-2012, 06:51 AM

11 posts, read 27,253 times
Bad idea. There are some parts of NYC that will never completely change. Bushwick is one of them.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:00 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,626,627 times
I was serious.

Apparently Williamsburg is now "so over" because everyone and their mother is flocking here, and the rent have soared to insane proportions, even for Brooklyn. So what happens? They start moving east on the L line to Bushwick because rent is cheaper and they can get their "NY gritty feel" along with it. It might not change over anytime soon, but the influx is happening slowly. Same with south side Williamsburg.

I think Williamsburg was first, then Greenpoint. I work on the border of the 2, and there's still plenty of Polish here that are not budging for anything.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:35 PM

115 posts, read 274,612 times
Williamsburg and Greenpoint are crazy expensive.

Old 01-21-2012, 02:10 PM

1,780 posts, read 3,256,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn_Native View Post
THANK-YOU!!!

If you feel like you being a poor little white girl will make you a target then you have 2 option.....

Stay in your suburbs that you originally came from

or dish out the extra cash to live in a more affluent neighborhood.
my friend's daughter (from affluent part of Suffolk County) accepted a teaching job in Bushwick and was thinking of moving there mostly out of convenience. She didn't want to commute from the Island and could not afford the "new" Williamsburg rents.
Her mom was freaking out about that, I recommended that she should look at parts of Queens instead.
It's a tough commute from LI (although many city teachers live out here and carpool to Bklyn/Queens) . Don't know if that's the case here, but it seems like gentrification is causing more people to look in "fringe" areas now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City