Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 12:45 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,236,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddedLeather View Post
Classon and Prospect are on the boarder, so when talking about Crown Heights people probably wouldn't automatically think about this. As for THAT area/section, I can tell you the area will change drastically within the next year (or this one in fact). The arena will be complete and Crown Heights is practically it's 'next door neighbor'. I looked up the stats for the 77th Precinct which would be your closest. The stats are ok (for what it's worth) but again, that's not an accurate view of any neighborhood.

If it's possible you guys should try to come/visit the area again at night as well as the daytime to get an overall feel for the area.

If you did from your October trip though, that's cool too. Crown Heights isn't what it use to be, so don't let people tell you otherwise.
The area would probably be classified as a micro neighborhood, though I don't like how realtors there are so desperate to try and rename ever handful of blocks to a new neighborhood.

Though I will say, I do like the idea of calling this area Crown Heights because if we do end up living there, that neighborhood name might help with keeping too many people from wanting to move there and force up rents.

Thank you for all the information, this has been helpful in confirming a number of things I know about the area.

Still I was hoping someone here might have some information or know anything about the old jewish hospital buildings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 03:25 PM

My last trip to nyc and I am really excited about this move. Visited my new place in Bayonne, NJ for our transition place which really surprised me, definitely a cute little city. And the area in Crown Heights we have been looking at has also been really impressive to me. This is definitely gonna be a great move for me!

Old 02-28-2012, 03:43 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,222,972 times
I stopped reading when you called Bayonne 'cute'.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:01 PM

34,139 posts, read 47,376,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
My last trip to nyc and I am really excited about this move. Visited my new place in Bayonne, NJ for our transition place which really surprised me, definitely a cute little city. And the area in Crown Heights we have been looking at has also been really impressive to me. This is definitely gonna be a great move for me!
Where in Crown Heights, if you mind sharing with the forum? I know Crown Heights pretty well.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-29-2012, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
I stopped reading when you called Bayonne 'cute'.
Okay....guess you have never been there....

Old 02-29-2012, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Where in Crown Heights, if you mind sharing with the forum? I know Crown Heights pretty well.
We are looking at the old Jewish Hospital on Classon and Prospect. This was our second trip over to that area and it impressed me more than the first time. We even had a friend with us from the West Villages that was afraid of us moving to that area, and even she liked the area, which was a surprise to me.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:57 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,416,463 times
don't come to brooklyn faking like it's sweet, and have a job ready before you arrive.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
don't come to brooklyn faking like it's sweet, and have a job ready before you arrive.
Actually we are not really worried about that, living in Bayonne in the beginning is going to save us a bunch of money while we take the month of May off and then in June look for jobs. My fiance has a few things she has been networking so there is a good chance she will have a job much sooner than expected. I have been in the hotel industry for the past 10 years, and that would be easy for me to get a job within that during the summer time anywhere, though with a degree in architecture, I would much rather look for something more creative and giving me the feeling that I am actually using my degree.

We aren't planning on moving to Brooklyn until about August-October when we have already established jobs and such. From this last trip out there, I really have a positive feeling about this move, plus with the number of friends we have there, this isn't going to be all that hard.

As of right now, we have two months of serious packing and downsizing ahead of us, and a long drive across country. So there is still plenty ahead of us to do.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:07 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,641,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post

Easier said than done. Most employers now won't even look at out of state resumes.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:10 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,641,127 times
I am not sure what kinda car you have and whether you are putting a lot of stuff in it, but I just shipped mine and flew here. It is a long drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: