Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2011, 09:55 AM

25 posts, read 44,954 times

Advertisements

Is Halloween a fun time to visit NYC? It's getting cooler because of Autumn temperatures so the weather is probably nice. What about haunted houses and Halloween decorations? What does NYC do for Halloween that's all in fun and I am not talking about really serious pranks like stabbing people with box cutters or anything like that.

Where are some of the best places around NYC for Halloween? Any New Yorkers want to share their most spooktacular Halloween extravaganzas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 10:02 AM

2,590 posts, read 4,535,143 times
The Village Halloween Parade is a must see and you'll see all sorts of people out on the town dressed up in costumes on or near Halloween. The weather around this time of year is great up there. I'd also suggest taking a ride up through the Hudson Valley to take in the leaves if you have access to a vehicle.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:08 AM

615 posts, read 1,677,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4infothxalot View Post
Is Halloween a fun time to visit NYC? It's getting cooler because of Autumn temperatures so the weather is probably nice. What about haunted houses and Halloween decorations? What does NYC do for Halloween that's all in fun and I am not talking about really serious pranks like stabbing people with box cutters or anything like that.

Where are some of the best places around NYC for Halloween? Any New Yorkers want to share their most spooktacular Halloween extravaganzas?
^^"Stabbing people with box cutters.........."?!! Yeah; that's the kind of "fun" we participant in.

The parade in The Village is always blast!

Halloween Party NYC | Halloween Events 2011 | Halloween Parade NYC

Old 10-08-2011, 08:09 PM

446 posts, read 998,169 times
Quote:
What does NYC do for Halloween that's all in fun and I am not talking about really serious pranks like stabbing people with box cutters or anything like that.
Lol, where the HELL are you from that that's even a consideration?!

Old 10-08-2011, 08:20 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,841,398 times
Quote:

Ugh if you ask me it's one big Moderator cut: Language. I prefer to stay in side. Everyone who never goes out goes out that night.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 10-13-2011 at 09:25 PM.. Reason: Language

Old 10-08-2011, 08:33 PM

25 posts, read 44,954 times
I wasn't serious about boxcutters. I was refering to the thread about robbers with boxcutters stealing electronics. Anyway, it was meant to be tongue~in~cheek.

The village parade sounds like a definite must-see. Do local businesses sponsor trick-or-treating events?

Old 10-08-2011, 09:14 PM

9 posts, read 17,889 times
parade used to be cool years ago, but now it's just for the B& T crowds. google for halloween parties NYC 2011 Webster Hall is the biggie and there are clubs too.

Old 10-08-2011, 11:11 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,923,457 times
I gotta remember to rip off my door bell.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:58 AM

615 posts, read 1,677,359 times
Quote:
I wasn't serious about boxcutters. I was refering to the thread about robbers with boxcutters stealing electronics. Anyway, it was meant to be tongue~in~cheek.

The village parade sounds like a definite must-see. Do local businesses sponsor trick-or-treating events?

If you have never been to and embrace diversity you'll enjoy. If you are not crazy about crowds, this may not be for you. However, it's lots of fun IMO!

Old 10-09-2011, 09:15 AM

1,956 posts, read 4,879,229 times
The parade is nice but you have to be careful going to the City at night. A lot of gangs like to be outside on Halloween. Last year, there was a big gang fight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City