Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 05:33 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,599,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLBaron View Post
I have some question...WHat it mean JFK?Now much coast 30 day metro card?
JFK is an international airport: John F. Kennedy International Airport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cost of a 30-day Metrocard: $104
MTA/New York City Transit - Fares and MetroCard
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 10:14 AM

88,749 posts, read 85,121,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddedLeather View Post
Lol

I hate it when people say it's boring (not really it's your opinion). I really don't think it's boring. It's a game and I've been addicted since I was a little guy. I was actually bored at a horse race. I guess the feeling is mutual for you & baseball as it is for me and horse races.
Fifteen minutes of action packed into three hours.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddedLeather View Post
Baseball is a SPORT!
Yes, it's a great sport with quite a bit of soap opera thrown in -Most baseball fans love that added element. Can't wait til April.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:59 AM

591 posts, read 928,591 times
regarding the baseball, when do tickets for last june come out on sale? Do they do just single game tickets?

Im not fussed whether it is a Yankees game or a Mets game, but the Yankees have more history and the biggest team we hear about over here as well as Boston.

Either would be terrific. If i cant get tickets, so be it, but i will definitely give both teams a go.

Old 01-20-2011, 02:55 AM

69 posts, read 119,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Matt View Post
regarding the baseball, when do tickets for last june come out on sale? Do they do just single game tickets?
You could try getting tickets from Stubhub.

New York Mets Tickets - NY Mets Tickets at StubHub!
Yankees Tickets - New York Yankee Tickets at StubHub!

Old 01-20-2011, 07:00 AM

Sorry if this offends anyone: Blue387, StubHub is convoluted and I would not recommend it to someone overseas. I don't even recommend it to Americans. It's part of eBay and everyone knows eBay is infamous for inaccessible customer service, hour-long waits if you do find a phone number for them, etc. For an overseas person to use StubHub will be disastrous in my opinion. NorthernMatt, you can get Yankee tickets at the Yankee Clubhouse Shop - Theater District - New York, NY 2nd location: Yankees Clubhouse Shop - Theater District - Manhattan, NY

Old 01-20-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Matt View Post
Do they do just single game tickets?
Yes.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:24 PM

69 posts, read 119,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
Sorry if this offends anyone: Blue387, StubHub is convoluted and I would not recommend it to someone overseas. I don't even recommend it to Americans.
I don't know about your experiences with the site but I've used Stubhub for my Mets tickets. I have had no problems.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:20 PM

591 posts, read 928,591 times
Thanks Grimace. I dont use Ebay as it is very very unreliable imo. Things dont get sent on time, they always have issues, but i will use the other links.

Cheers

Old 01-21-2011, 01:08 PM

3,440 posts, read 6,560,407 times
Be sure to catch a Broadway Show that was a highlight for us when we visited in May of 2009 and 2010. Go to the TKTS booth in Times Square by 10 am for tickets to that afternoons performances. You may be lucky as we were to get front row seats to the show of your choice for half price. We had 7th row center for Phantom of the Opera in mid May of 09 and it was fantastic. If you love music you will love this. I think it is at the Majestic Theater. For evening performances you need to be a the the TKTS booth by 2. Enjoy!

Oh yes, much preferred the city bus to the subway.. You can see where you are going instead of being underground. Central Park should be pretty in June as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City