Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 12:02 AM

110 posts, read 222,199 times

Advertisements

As a visitor to NYC I only have enough time to spend one day in Brooklyn. Without sounding too naive I'd like to think I could see the 'real Brooklyn'. What should I see? Where should I go? What should I do? As a fan of the movie 'The Warriors', Coney Island seems a good place to start. Any advice? Similarly I'll only have one day to see The Bronx, I have less idea about this borough, any advice would be welcome. Even what subway station to start off at would be as great start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 12:35 AM

1,919 posts, read 5,770,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaz View Post
As a visitor to NYC I only have enough time to spend one day in Brooklyn. Without sounding too naive I'd like to think I could see the 'real Brooklyn'. What should I see? Where should I go? What should I do? As a fan of the movie 'The Warriors', Coney Island seems a good place to start. Any advice? Similarly I'll only have one day to see The Bronx, I have less idea about this borough, any advice would be welcome. Even what subway station to start off at would be as great start.
Warriors, Come out to plaaaaayyy!!!!!! Ah! The old New York. I don't miss it.

Darn your post! Now I will have Joe Walsh in my head all day.

Can you DIIIIIG IT?

Last edited by 1nevets; 01-12-2011 at 12:54 AM..

Old 01-12-2011, 12:40 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,052,004 times
Quote:
Didn't the warriors start in the bronx and ended in brooklyn coney island. Just follow three subway route.

Old 01-12-2011, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Didn't the warriors start in the bronx and ended in brooklyn coney island. Just follow three subway route.
Yep according to the old subway maps they took the 5 train to Dyre ave and ended up in Pelham Bay Park. That's what I remembered from the show. Maybe back then the park was larger.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:04 AM

110 posts, read 222,199 times
Quote:
I have found a webpage dedicated to retracing the steps of The Warriors

Old 01-12-2011, 01:21 AM

17 posts, read 24,271 times
Quote:
I have found a webpage dedicated to retracing the steps of The Warriors
What's the link?

Old 01-12-2011, 01:28 AM

The warriors is really a cult classic. Its sad they wanna do a remake set in modern day los angeles.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:37 AM

Quote:
The warriors is really a cult classic. Its sad they wanna do a remake set in modern day los angeles.
I wouldn't mind a remake but not in LA. The best part of the show was the subway and the many NYC icons like Coney Island or the subway headhouse on 72nd street for the 1 2 3 trains.

Some things should be left alone, like the Taking of Pelham 123. The original was sooooo much better.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
I wouldn't mind a remake but not in LA. The best part of the show was the subway and the many NYC icons like Coney Island or the subway headhouse on 72nd street for the 1 2 3 trains.

Some things should be left alone, like the Taking of Pelham 123. The original was sooooo much better.
I agree. Some if these cult.classics should be left alone. I really enjoy the original. Its not our fault that hollywood ran out of ideas and fears an emerging bollywood.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:09 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,368,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahon View Post
What's the link?
x2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City