Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2010, 07:25 PM

2 posts, read 3,387 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

I am currently moving in New York City from China and studying at Pace University. No working experience in US, that's why I want a job to get some experience for my future career. Any part-time job would be OK. I already tried applying for the jobs posted on Craigslist but no reply. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2010, 08:21 AM

4,502 posts, read 13,471,703 times
What kind of job are you looking for??? What is your course of study at Pace?

Old 09-26-2010, 08:41 AM

3,727 posts, read 7,034,543 times
Do you have a work Visa?

Old 09-26-2010, 09:05 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,158,341 times
you're doing it wrong.

Go to Pace, deal with the workload/cultural adjustment/language issues/social mores and then see if you have the time/energy for a job. There might be one on campus, there surely are profs who need free research assistants.

You think by sending this message then someone will magically offer you a job. You would be an illegal, so any job you would be offered -- you don't want, and anyway, plenty of Asian girls are doing it already.

Be a good student, that's the thing to concentrate on right now.

Old 09-30-2010, 02:58 PM

2 posts, read 3,387 times
To omigawd, I study finance at Pace.
To NYChistorygal, I don't have work visa, but I think doing an unpaid job would be legal, all I want is working experience.
To birdinmigration, I did try to find RA jobs on campus, but I don't think I am ready for professional positions, I wanna get involved with something that required more communicating instead of researching. And I never expect a job from this forum by just sending a message. Don't worry about my academic performance. I am good so far.
To DSNYSANMAN, do you know what happened to the people who disclosed the spy?......Calm down, just be recruited by spy agency.

Anyway, thank you guys for everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City