Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2016, 09:45 AM

1,408 posts, read 2,057,168 times

Advertisements

Any update on the one bedroom list? Thread has been quiet since Wanting to Move finally got her apartment (how has it been, btw?).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2016, 06:19 PM

87 posts, read 121,607 times
Yes, how's it going Wanting to Move? I miss your updates too, but I'm happy for you! Pop, I went to Masaryk Towers for the first time in mid April. I only checked the one bedroom list and it was still at 12. My original number on the list was 144. In 2014, when I called the office, they told me there were 73 people ahead of me. Sadly, it looks like more people were added in front of me (maybe internal moves). Anyway, now I was told that there were actually 80 people ahead of me so it's 80 minus 12.

Old 05-30-2016, 07:35 PM

99 posts, read 192,332 times
The list seems to be moving very slow. 10 units a year on average it seems.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieNYC View Post
The list seems to be moving very slow. 10 units a year on average it seems.
Seems to be moving a little faster (although not nearly fast enough!) Last report makes it a little hard to gauge since they were talking about by actual people on the list rather than log number as the other reports have been, so they are probably between 20 and 25 in those terms.

Old 05-31-2016, 05:13 PM

10-12 units a year sounds about right. My guess is that there were 10-12 veterans that they called, and then they got through another 11 people on the rest of the list. But as time goes on, I think (I hope) it moves somewhat faster.

Old 05-31-2016, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaNow View Post
10-12 units a year sounds about right. My guess is that there were 10-12 veterans that they called, and then they got through another 11 people on the rest of the list. But as time goes on, I think (I hope) it moves somewhat faster.
I don't know the exact number but think there were much more than 10-12 vets. If they have gone through 12 actual people on the regular list then that is almost all since the beginning of this year.

Old 06-01-2016, 12:28 PM

I just called the office and the 1-bedroom list is still at 12. *sigh*

Old 06-03-2016, 07:38 PM

329 posts, read 685,139 times
Hey guys!!!

I missed Posting!!!

@MiaNow don't get discouraged - don't forget that out of the 80 people some may not be interested any more or they do not qualify.

@Pop - I guess I should have that dinner party !

I didn't move right in - I wanted to fix up the kitchen and OMG is it expensive. I'm still figuring things out. but I must say They need to do something about the Gates!!! and the Flea Market that is very active on the weekend. They are making lots of Modern changes like a new intercom that ties into your cellphone or landline It and the lobbies are getting TV Screen Type bulletin boards.

I still have no idea whose on the board or how I can meet them! The property has a lot of potential but needs to work. I think that they needs to be more communication and more automation.

Old 06-05-2016, 01:44 PM

@Wanting_to_Move -- Yeah, the kitchen is definitely a big expense on top of paying for the apartment and move, BUT you're there!!! And you'll really enjoy a brand new kitchen. I hope they close those gates too.

Everyone I've spoken to at the office is extremely nice and helpful, but it would be great if they had a website with the lists published instead of pages with notes and names crossed off. The problem we're facing with the 1-bedroom list is that mostly everyone who already has a studio is also eligible for a 1-bedroom. So if they want one, they go on an internal list, which pushes many of us on the lottery list further back. But like you said, not everyone on the 1-bedroom list will still be interested when called, so I'm hoping it moves faster in the future.

Old 06-06-2016, 01:40 PM

30 posts, read 45,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanting_to_move View Post
Hey guys!!!

I missed Posting!!!

@MiaNow don't get discouraged - don't forget that out of the 80 people some may not be interested any more or they do not qualify.

@Pop - I guess I should have that dinner party !

I didn't move right in - I wanted to fix up the kitchen and OMG is it expensive. I'm still figuring things out. but I must say They need to do something about the Gates!!! and the Flea Market that is very active on the weekend. They are making lots of Modern changes like a new intercom that ties into your cellphone or landline It and the lobbies are getting TV Screen Type bulletin boards.

I still have no idea whose on the board or how I can meet them! The property has a lot of potential but needs to work. I think that they needs to be more communication and more automation.
Hi wanting to move/neighbor. How is everything. How did the move go. I am slowly getting my apartment furnished. I finally bought a used stove, had window blinds installed, air conditioner installed , ceiling fan installed in the bedroom and bought a couch. I am still using my small refrigerator I got for free off of craigslist. I have not done anything to the kitchen or bath. Both are old but work well. What size apartment did you move into?
I probably have walked by you all ready. I just submitted form to be hooked up to new intercon. I put my name on wait list for parking. It will take about 20 years to get a spot.

BronxVet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery