Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2016, 08:07 AM

38 posts, read 63,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanting_to_move View Post
List Update:

Studio - 400ish
1 bedroom - 8
2 bedroom - 1075
3 bedroom - Vets
Thanks for update, it progressed another 3 to 8!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2016, 08:35 AM

329 posts, read 684,871 times
Hi Guys!!

Just wanted to let you know that I'm going through the process of accepting an apartment. It's a long time coming but it's finally here!!! Once you are called it really is straight forward! You go see the apartment you either take it or you pass I believe you get two chances to pass up an apartment. I saw the apartment before it was worked on it was just OLD the person who lived there must of lived there over 30 years. You can get discouraged when you see the condition! When I was called in I had most of my paper work ready to go needed a few minor things like a letter from my daughter's school. The home visit is a joke. They came in took a picture of everyone moving with me and a picture of the Rooms, bathroom, kitchen and living room. They were in and out in less then 5 mins. Once they have received the credit report and you have submitted all your paper work. You need to submit payments in the form of money orders or cashier's check. The payments are to be made in three separate amounts.

Thank you everyone of answering all the questions I've asked and building this "Waiting" Community with me

Old 03-11-2016, 09:28 AM

33 posts, read 58,870 times
Quote:
Hi Guys!!

Just wanted to let you know that I'm going through the process of accepting an apartment. It's a long time coming but it's finally here!!! Once you are called it really is straight forward! You go see the apartment you either take it or you pass I believe you get two chances to pass up an apartment. I saw the apartment before it was worked on it was just OLD the person who lived there must of lived there over 30 years. You can get discouraged when you see the condition! When I was called in I had most of my paper work ready to go needed a few minor things like a letter from my daughter's school. The home visit is a joke. They came in took a picture of everyone moving with me and a picture of the Rooms, bathroom, kitchen and living room. They were in and out in less then 5 mins. Once they have received the credit report and you have submitted all your paper work. You need to submit payments in the form of money orders or cashier's check. The payments are to be made in three separate amounts.

Thank you everyone of answering all the questions I've asked and building this "Waiting" Community with me
Thanks Wanting_To_Move. That's awesome. All the best. Please stay with this community and let us know your progress. If you are able to take pictures and post, please do. We all would love to see. Will they be updating the apartment for you? Keep us posted. Thanks for sharing your information.

Old 03-11-2016, 02:35 PM

1,408 posts, read 2,055,672 times
Quote:
Hi Guys!!

Congrats Wanting to move! Dinner party at your place! IIRC you were in the 1100s? Seems like the list jumped quite a bit from 1075! I am hoping the one bedroom moves faster now that the vets have been placed. Do post shots of the apartment, there are so few out there for us to refer to.

Old 03-11-2016, 02:54 PM

@Popartist I didn't give my extract number :-)
I'll add what I have. Dinner party yes! Once the kitchen is complete. The only problem is that I don't cook much! Check my album in a bit

Old 03-13-2016, 08:02 PM

30 posts, read 45,472 times
Congratulations neighbor. Keep us updated.

Old 03-14-2016, 06:13 AM

@bronxvet

Thanks! I may have some questions for you.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:16 PM

82 posts, read 174,817 times
Congratulations Wanting to move.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:25 PM

@Wongyung

Thank you!!!! Hoping your waiting is short!!!! Thanks for your support

Old 03-17-2016, 09:05 PM

82 posts, read 174,817 times
I am on other list and my list number will be called soon. I am on 2XX Masaryk towers one bedroom list. I prefer LES however I may have to wait for couple years. If I live in other Mitchell Lama apartment, will I be called by Masaryk towers? Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery