Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2015, 09:00 AM

21 posts, read 36,295 times

Advertisements

carrying charges are based on your income - if you are at the lower end of the allowable income bracket your charges will be less, higher income your charges will be more - but there are limits for each size apartment.
there are extra charges - $10 per month for each air conditioner (I don't know if that's the summer months or all year round- I got around that by buying my own brackets (your ac must have a bracket to be installed) and having someone install them
I was told people do have dishwashers and even washing machines in their apartments - I assume this is true because for a 21 story building I expected the laundry room to be packed but it never is
The kitchen is not that big and since I had to rip out the cabinets and replace them - putting in a dishwasher was not on my list
My apartment is a 3 bedroom - neighbors are friendly - hold doors - hold elevators
hold their dogs to the side while you pass - haven't really gotten to know anybody yet but I spend most of my time at work or fixing up the apartment (oh if you have a dog (even a cute little one) they will not allow you to bring the dog to the new apartment - the first paper they ask you to sign is you will not bring dogs inside - I found this really strange because the first day I walked around the complex I saw at least 50 dogs - supposedly they use to allow dogs but no more - residents who had dogs are grandfathered in but once that dog dies they can not purchase another one - I really don't know how strict they are with this - I have seen some real puppies walking around (have only seen 1 pit bull and he was a sweet heart)
like I said before there are a few knuckleheads that either live here in the complex or visit from the projects
not really a problem but its just starting to get hot - I have kids and I am also a law enforcement officer (NOT NYPD) I don't really want to deal with stuff security should easily be handling

besides the carrying charges - I haven't been charged anything extra
building management really doesn't bother you at all -
there is a news letter that is published by residents - its pretty informative of things going on (think its published monthly)

any questions feel free to ask
Oh I did find out the pool is definitely open - they have a web site with info on what classes are available and what cost
but I havnt been to actually visit it yet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2015, 05:46 PM

329 posts, read 684,747 times
Thank you Bklynrodd!

Greatly appreciated! I truly apperciate it.
You have answered every question that I had. I know feel more prepared so that when I get called I'll have everything ready to go. You gave me peace of mind.

Three more questions!
Are there storage units? I think I remember reading something that said that they have them.

Are the laundry Rooms in every building?

Parking spaces fees? Is the list long?

Thank you so much!

Last edited by Wanting_to_move; 05-30-2015 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: Added questions

Old 05-30-2015, 08:41 PM

21 posts, read 36,295 times
Default answers

parking - there are two lots - but there is currently a waiting list for the spots, I don't know how much it costs monthly but it cant be much because the residents love them - the waiting list I saw for parking had about 25 names on it
laundry room - as far as I know there are laundry rooms in each building - the machines are in good condition clean and running they do not take cash - you need to purchase a card from the management office (there is a machine there) the first fee is 4.00 for the card after that there is no fee just refill the same card.

I am not sure about the storage space - I have been to the basement -laundry /trash I didn't see any storage room but its possible

as I posted earlier I wish they had some type of welcome packet explaining a lot of this stuff- I usually forget to ask because I am asking other things when I see one of the staff members.

Old 05-31-2015, 05:39 AM

82 posts, read 174,794 times
Thank you for the questions and answers. I learned so much. I really appreciated.

Old 05-31-2015, 05:54 PM

38 posts, read 63,210 times
Smile things about Masaryk tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynrodd View Post
parking - there are two lots - but there is currently a waiting list for the spots, I don't know how much it costs monthly but it cant be much because the residents love them - the waiting list I saw for parking had about 25 names on it
laundry room - as far as I know there are laundry rooms in each building - the machines are in good condition clean and running they do not take cash - you need to purchase a card from the management office (there is a machine there) the first fee is 4.00 for the card after that there is no fee just refill the same card.

I am not sure about the storage space - I have been to the basement -laundry /trash I didn't see any storage room but its possible

as I posted earlier I wish they had some type of welcome packet explaining a lot of this stuff- I usually forget to ask because I am asking other things when I see one of the staff members.
Thank you for all the postings above and they are very helpful.

Old 06-15-2015, 01:24 PM

30 posts, read 45,455 times
I am glad to hear you got the apartment. I am a veteran on the one bedroom list. Hopefully I will hear something soon.

Old 06-15-2015, 04:40 PM

329 posts, read 684,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxvet View Post
I am glad to hear you got the apartment. I am a veteran on the one bedroom list. Hopefully I will hear something soon.
Bronx aren't you next ? Hopefully it moves quickly!

Old 06-16-2015, 01:31 PM

30 posts, read 45,455 times
Yes I am nExt. I I see my name on the list posted in the office.
I got back on list late January/earlyFebruary after re submitting some documents. I have not seen movement on the one bedroom list maybe some internal movement. I have been to office to check availability and tO see if an apartment might be available in near future. No luck sO far. I Am hoping soon since the weather is nice.

Old 06-17-2015, 07:32 AM

32 posts, read 56,552 times
Good Luck Bronvet. I want you to move soon so the list finally moves.

Old 06-19-2015, 08:47 PM

252 posts, read 609,710 times
I havent posted here in awhile. Hi everyone! i went to managment yesterday and 29 people are ahead of me on the one bdrm list. A veterans list was on top of it, i assume they get preference, and there was about 10 names on that list
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery