Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2015, 05:55 PM

38 posts, read 63,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennylhq View Post
i am also wonder about the list, if I call tomorrow, I will keep you posted.
Hi, as I called this morning, the list up to 3, no change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 07:02 PM

329 posts, read 682,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennylhq View Post
Hi, as I called this morning, the list up to 3, no change.
Thanks so much for updating us.

Numbers haven't' changed much lately. Someone in the thread said that the income affidavit are due at the end of April (Today). Perhaps this will help the list move along. The 2 bedroom list hasn't moved since February.

Old 05-02-2015, 08:43 PM

Home Sweet Home Someday!

Old 05-05-2015, 05:41 AM

18 posts, read 36,358 times
I have visited their management office for my first time, yesterday. I have viewed the approved wait list for 1 bedroom. Although I am #105 on their lottery list, I have 66 people ahead of my name on their list. Management Office staff were friendly & nice, and mentioned that some of the people ahead of me will forfeit or be dsiqualified for some further eligibilty criteria. There is no way to estimate when I will be called. I will remain patient with a sense of Hope!
It was a very suny and warm day, contributing to some of the friendliness I have sensed at their grounds.

For anyone who is moving in very soon:
I am requesting anyone that is on this Blog to update all of us on their move-in process and observations of living at Masaryck Towers. I am sure the rest of us who are waiting will appreciate your comments very very much.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:58 AM

@Jerryg2007

Thanks so much for filling us in! We greatly appreciate. You have a great number! Hoping that it moves quickly!

The office staff has always been very helpful they answer as many questions as they can.

I wish the Two Bedroom list was as easy to see the progress. Although the Two Bedroom list is posted it has no numbers by the names so there is no way of telling how many actually applications are ahead. I so have about 200 numbers or so. I'm hoping that it means that only 50 people are actually ahead of me! Keeping my figures crossed! That its only another year or two.

Best of Luck Jerry!

Old 05-08-2015, 01:57 PM

30 posts, read 45,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryg2007 View Post
I have visited their management office for my first time, yesterday. I have viewed the approved wait list for 1 bedroom. Although I am #105 on their lottery list, I have 66 people ahead of my name on their list. Management Office staff were friendly & nice, and mentioned that some of the people ahead of me will forfeit or be dsiqualified for some further eligibilty criteria. There is no way to estimate when I will be called. I will remain patient with a sense of Hope!
It was a very suny and warm day, contributing to some of the friendliness I have sensed at their grounds.

For anyone who is moving in very soon:
I am requesting anyone that is on this Blog to update all of us on their move-in process and observations of living at Masaryck Towers. I am sure the rest of us who are waiting will appreciate your comments very very much.
I have also stopped by the management office. Un fortunately
there has not been any movement on one bedroom list. I am hoping I will get called soon. I am a vet but had to file taxes and resubmit document s second time. Hopefully I will be one the next few to get called. Good luck

Old 05-08-2015, 06:02 PM

@Bronxvet

I thought you would of been halfway there by now. At least you're next.

Since you are the only one that's been the process somewhat! Do they ask for a lot of documentation? Besides taxes what else do they ask for. I think it would be helpful for those of us on the waiting list.

I'm hoping you get called soon I know you have been waiting for a bit.

Old 05-15-2015, 08:39 AM

30 posts, read 45,327 times
I gave my tax returns, w2 statement s, paystubs, leases showing nyc residency, a letter from employer to verify my employment. I needed that letter because I recently started that job and did not have a w2 statement and it was not listed on tax returns for previous year. I am anxiously waiting to be notified of an available apt. I am hoping people will be moving now that the weather is warmer. Good luck to everyone.

Old 05-15-2015, 11:17 AM

576 posts, read 1,547,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxvet View Post
I gave my tax returns, w2 statement s, paystubs, leases showing nyc residency, a letter from employer to verify my employment. I needed that letter because I recently started that job and did not have a w2 statement and it was not listed on tax returns for previous year. I am anxiously waiting to be notified of an available apt. I am hoping people will be moving now that the weather is warmer. Good luck to everyone.
They do that before they have an apartment available for you ? I thought they did all that when they had a specific apt for you to be able to turn down .. maybe since you are a veteran they do it that way

Old 05-15-2015, 05:47 PM

@meemsone

If I remember correctly from older posts I think BronxVet had something offered last year but could not produce the necessary paperwork and had to wait for last year's tax return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery