Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2023, 07:41 PM

200 posts, read 208,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCengEdu View Post
Anyone know the layout of 545 East 14th St, Apt 11F, or whether it faces 14th street or the interior? I managed to get my application in 1st and it seems like a good deal for a 2bdrm.
It faces the interior - good luck with the application!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2023, 07:45 PM

66 posts, read 51,794 times
Quote:
Anyone know the layout of 545 East 14th St, Apt 11F, or whether it faces 14th street or the interior? I managed to get my application in 1st and it seems like a good deal for a 2bdrm.

Congratulations! That seems like a really good deal for a two bedroom. Here is a map that shows how the different units are oriented within the buildings. It looks like the F line faces the interior (but the letters are a little difficult to see.)

Old 10-05-2023, 09:56 PM

4,771 posts, read 6,565,677 times
Quote:
Congrats! I agree with the posters who said that F faces the interior. It’s a super deal! And a high floor too. Plenty of light up there. Best of luck with the process!

Old 10-06-2023, 05:21 AM

134 posts, read 85,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaki View Post
Congratulations! That seems like a really good deal for a two bedroom. Here is a map that shows how the different units are oriented within the buildings. It looks like the F line faces the interior (but the letters are a little difficult to see.)
I love this map. I agree, the unit is East oriented, facing the interior, except one bedroom and bathroom window facing 14th loop. Sunny and bright.

Old 10-06-2023, 08:09 AM

I didn't see anything posted today.

Also, I heard back that I am second in line for the 1 bedroom I applied to the other day. BA23, are you first? If so, good luck!! And, if not, I hope whoever is in first doesn't move forward (unless they're reading this, in which case, good luck to you too!!)

Old 10-06-2023, 09:02 AM

282 posts, read 280,062 times
Wishing not moving forward is more negative. I hope that person and you both get the apartment you want. The reason people are looking for lower cost is because we all are in the same boat and looking to be able to get an apartment that is decent enough and affordable enough for us to survive. I hope all of you get the deal you want. I am settled in my new place and have to do some minor stuff. But I feel like keep coming here and seeing all you who have helped me stay motivated and not give up get the apartment you want.

Old 10-06-2023, 09:11 AM

I'm only teasing, but regardless I've seen many people on these boards apply to lottery apartments and then change their minds about moving forward. If the person ahead of me wants the apartment though, then I hope they get it, which is why I wished them good luck. I don't want the person to be disqualified or ineligible.

Old 10-06-2023, 09:17 AM

4,771 posts, read 6,565,677 times
Yes, quite a few people either turn down the apartments or not qualify, because we've seen many units become available again and again, even some of the cheaper ones. I've been surprised by that.

Best of luck to all!

Old 10-06-2023, 11:03 AM

134 posts, read 85,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabavoon View Post
Wishing not moving forward is more negative. I hope that person and you both get the apartment you want. The reason people are looking for lower cost is because we all are in the same boat and looking to be able to get an apartment that is decent enough and affordable enough for us to survive. I hope all of you get the deal you want. I am settled in my new place and have to do some minor stuff. But I feel like keep coming here and seeing all you who have helped me stay motivated and not give up get the apartment you want.
Sabavoon! I hope you're getting comfortable in your new place. I'm thinking of throwing a housewarming party soon, and I'd really like to have you over. I honestly believe I wouldn't have found the patience to apply for this place if it weren't for your help.

Old 10-06-2023, 12:39 PM

3,135 posts, read 2,729,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Yes, quite a few people either turn down the apartments or not qualify, because we've seen many units become available again and again, even some of the cheaper ones. I've been surprised by that.

Best of luck to all!
I wonder if since people essentially have to apply the second the unit listing appears on the site, people are applying for units that they might not have if they had had time to give it some consideration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery