Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2023, 03:11 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,631,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
3xx with ME, I was contacted this afternoon too. I’m debating if it’s worth submitting, 130% AMI
Those are significant rents even if they are a good value for the area and with all the bells and whistles. Do you already have AC, in unit w/d, and dishwasher? The in-house gym might be cheaper than one you use now.

Good location for Subways and Buses. The 1 is on the block, bus on either avenue. And there are dozen other MTA lines under 10 min walk away, plus the PATH, and Penn Station, LIRR, NJtransit, and Amtrak, and crosstown buses.

Area map for 1 train at W 28th St.
https://new.mta.info/document/806

Maybe take a tour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2023, 03:47 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,440,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
Those are significant rents even if they are a good value for the area and with all the bells and whistles. Do you already have AC, in unit w/d, and dishwasher? The in-house gym might be cheaper than one you use now.

Good location for Subways and Buses. The 1 is on the block, bus on either avenue. And there are dozen other MTA lines under 10 min walk away, plus the PATH, and Penn Station, LIRR, NJtransit, and Amtrak, and crosstown buses.

Area map for 1 train at W 28th St.
https://new.mta.info/document/806

Maybe take a tour.
Yup, the amenities are basically identical to what I have now and I already have ready access to transit. This would be a bit more centrally located but for the extra cost, probably not worth it. I also like my neighborhood and these apartments look smaller. Curious to see the building and offerings though, may tour just to be sure.

Old 10-30-2023, 03:52 PM

684 posts, read 1,819,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCH View Post
So they emailed me back and this is what they responded:

Your log number was not pulled for processing at this time. We have not begun processing non cb applicants. Once you are pulled for processing, you will be contacted via Housing Connect 2.
There are no one bedrooms available at the 70 or 80% AMI's.

Thank you.
Came here to say this same thing… sigh. On to the next one

Old 10-30-2023, 04:05 PM

I am glad they not wasting anyone’s time tho. Nothing worse than going through all of this for months only to get to the very end and let people what’s not available (of course contingent that they were aware before hand)

Last edited by JKid84NYC; 10-30-2023 at 05:05 PM..

Old 10-30-2023, 04:49 PM

98 posts, read 62,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
3xx with ME, I was contacted this afternoon too. I’m debating if it’s worth submitting, 130% AMI
I think so. I currently live in a place with equally good amenities (except the outdoor space/terraces and lounge + rooms in the apartment itself), but I did approach Ruby with the mindset that if we're ever going to find something at this rent level in this area (I know it's not "cheap," but it's stabilized and lower than market) it would probably be now, because Manhattan will probably only get more expensive over the next 10 years. Just 2 years ago 130% were about $500 less; imagine what they'll look like 2 years from now. If your current place is cheaper and equal on all fronts, you can probably afford to just ride it out. But if Ruby is an upgrade in any way, my impression was it's worth it.

Last edited by Anon7mouse; 10-30-2023 at 05:04 PM..

Old 10-30-2023, 06:19 PM

394 posts, read 371,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKid84NYC View Post
Came here to say this same thing… sigh. On to the next one
Did they tell you the same thing about no remaining 1br?

Old 10-30-2023, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCH View Post
Did they tell you the same thing about no remaining 1br?
Yup. I got a followup email about how to proceed applying via pronto.. and in the email it states that there’s no 1 bedrooms left for 70/80% AMIs an there’s no waiting list for them either

Old 10-30-2023, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon7mouse View Post
I think so. I currently live in a place with equally good amenities (except the outdoor space/terraces and lounge + rooms in the apartment itself), but I did approach Ruby with the mindset that if we're ever going to find something at this rent level in this area (I know it's not "cheap," but it's stabilized and lower than market) it would probably be now, because Manhattan will probably only get more expensive over the next 10 years. Just 2 years ago 130% were about $500 less; imagine what they'll look like 2 years from now. If your current place is cheaper and equal on all fronts, you can probably afford to just ride it out. But if Ruby is an upgrade in any way, my impression was it's worth it.
Yeah, central location really seems to be the only upgrade for me. I have the decks, lounges, pool etc etc. and I got in like you said, 2 years ago for ~$600 less. That’s not an insignificant difference per month and tbh I feel like that area would feel too busy for me, I’m not really sure I’d prefer it. I really love where I’m at right now. I might submit and tour just to make sure I don’t regret it but I don’t think overall it would be an upgrade and certainly not for the cost.

Old 10-31-2023, 09:27 AM

3,132 posts, read 2,727,396 times
The only thing to really consider then is rent stabilization. Sounds like your current place is also lottery, but if it isn't and isn't RS, long term that could make a huge difference.

Old 10-31-2023, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
The only thing to really consider then is rent stabilization. Sounds like your current place is also lottery, but if it isn't and isn't RS, long term that could make a huge difference.
Current place is lotto and RS, no issues there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery