Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2023, 01:19 PM

57 posts, read 49,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon7mouse View Post
The amenities fee is a great question- I thought I read earlier in the thread its only $100/year for everything EXCEPT the pool, which is the $500 fee. Is anyone sure? Also, I currently live where utilties are included in rent- what average $$ would you estimate the utilities would be in a Ruby 1-br? (Trying to get an idea of what total cost actually is, amenities + utilities included)
All the amenities are free including the roof deck on the south tower. The roof deck on the north tower which is also where the pool is located is 500 annually per person
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2023, 02:27 PM

531 posts, read 412,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HS98 View Post
All the amenities are free including the roof deck on the south tower. The roof deck on the north tower which is also where the pool is located is 500 annually per person
Thanks for sharing, is the grilling/bbq also on the north tower included in free amenities. When I had asked the leasing office they told me the pool fee is for the pool and the adjoining lounge that overlooks the pool

Not sure if the amenities that are free include the bbq/grilling rooftop

Old 10-18-2023, 02:41 PM

17 posts, read 13,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
Thanks for sharing, is the grilling/bbq also on the north tower included in free amenities. When I had asked the leasing office they told me the pool fee is for the pool and the adjoining lounge that overlooks the pool

Not sure if the amenities that are free include the bbq/grilling rooftop
The south tower has the grills! It’s included with the gym/office/kids room

Old 10-18-2023, 02:48 PM

531 posts, read 412,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andib28 View Post
The south tower has the grills! It’s included with the gym/office/kids room
thats awesome, hope you guys are able to get a few bbq / grill sessions before the weather turns completely.

If I do get a unit and also for other lottery residents the fee should be capped per household and not per person. I can speak for myself there is no way I could afford having everyone in my household pay 500 per person to use the pool.

500 per year for the household makes a lot of sense especially with the ami mix in this development

Old 10-20-2023, 09:49 AM

11 posts, read 8,231 times
Does anyone that got the apartment have tips on breaking your current lease once you accept the lottery apartment? How did that process go for you?

Old 10-20-2023, 09:58 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,440,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpnomad View Post
Does anyone that got the apartment have tips on breaking your current lease once you accept the lottery apartment? How did that process go for you?
Search this forum for more details, this Q has been asked and answered many times.

In short: It is absolutely possible and pretty common in NYC. Buildings/managements will have their own policy so you need to ask your *current* LL/management, the building you are moving into (Ruby or other) won't be involved.

Old 10-21-2023, 05:19 PM

98 posts, read 62,064 times
  1. Have people been able to view multiple units after being approved (if they qualify for various # of bedrooms)? They assign a unit beforehand, but can you see more options/floors/lines once you're there in person, and choose?
  2. I noticed some HC developments offering 2 months free rent on leases, does Ruby do something similar?

Old 10-22-2023, 08:36 AM

83 posts, read 61,721 times
Are they still calling people for these apartments?

Old 10-22-2023, 09:26 AM

684 posts, read 1,819,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLEA88 View Post
Yes

Old 10-22-2023, 11:43 AM

98 posts, read 62,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLEA88 View Post
Yes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery