Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2023, 08:23 AM

684 posts, read 1,819,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
Not to sidetrack this thread, but I just used Pronto (for the first time) for a mini-lottery in a different building. What a pain in the neck that system is. Took me 2 hours to fill out the questionnaire and upload docs for my family of 4. I uploaded the same docs multiple times for different people. And there was no place to upload docs for my kids incomes or IDs (one of my kids is a full-time employee). In any case, I uploaded all the 'required' docs to HC also just in case (took 15 minutes).
Geez!!! I know I've heard that some building companies use them to help expedite the process but I wonder if the ends justify the means if so many folks have issues using it. I've used HC as well and its such a seamless process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2023, 09:06 AM

57 posts, read 49,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
Not sure then. But could either be in the works of getting submitted. With the weekend coming it would definitely take longer
I am able to see the document was uploaded today. Thanks for you help.

Old 09-26-2023, 09:26 AM

531 posts, read 412,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HS98 View Post
I am able to see the document was uploaded today. Thanks for you help.
Awesome news,

Best wishes and hopefully expedited acceptance so you can plan your move and settle and enjoy the new home

Old 09-27-2023, 01:38 PM

8 posts, read 7,439 times
Hi guys!

Been traveling haven’t been on here in a while but just sending an update with my situation.

After a long process and going thru self employment verification paperwork I was approved!

1-BR 70% AMI but I’m a bit torn because I went to view the unit it’s on the M line and it was smaller than I expected. I’m in a studio now on 21st and the 1-BR doesn’t seem much bigger. I was really hoping to get a unit with the WIC because I definitely need the extra storage space (I have a child on the way) but I got one with the island which has two closets and in my opinion aren’t that big. I’m now looking to see if they would allow me to take a look at another unit within my AMI because if this is it I might not take it

Bittersweet.

Old 09-27-2023, 01:55 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,631,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNYKr212 View Post
I was really hoping to get a unit with the WIC because I definitely need the extra storage space (I have a child on the way) but I got one with the island which has two closets and in my opinion aren’t that big. I’m now looking to see if they would allow me to take a look at another unit within my AMI because if this is it I might not take it

Bittersweet.
You should ask what is available. But sometimes it is a choice of one because it is the only vacancy for your household size and AMI.

(I don’t have the fact here, but I have hear tales that in some places they have be allowed to count a child on the way as +1 for household size. If this is so, it might qualify you for a larger unit.)

Old 09-27-2023, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR76 View Post
Thank you. I got the same feedback from the woman I spoke to on the HPD helpline. I redrafted my appeal to make it just factual without being subjective. It’s now being reviewed by a supervisor. I believe I have one more appeal left and then a HDC complaint. Hoping to get approved in the first appeal. Fingers crossed, and toes.
How is your appeal coming along, induced eligibility is something that is probably deeply scrutinized as it alludes that the applicant is adjusting income/resources to still be eligible.

Are you not able to qualify using your income and need the cash assistance to fall in range to qualify ?

Old 09-27-2023, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNYKr212 View Post
Hi guys!

Been traveling haven’t been on here in a while but just sending an update with my situation.

After a long process and going thru self employment verification paperwork I was approved!

1-BR 70% AMI but I’m a bit torn because I went to view the unit it’s on the M line and it was smaller than I expected. I’m in a studio now on 21st and the 1-BR doesn’t seem much bigger. I was really hoping to get a unit with the WIC because I definitely need the extra storage space (I have a child on the way) but I got one with the island which has two closets and in my opinion aren’t that big. I’m now looking to see if they would allow me to take a look at another unit within my AMI because if this is it I might not take it

Bittersweet.
Congratulations, yes please do ask what other plans or options there are.

This is the first lottery management that literally applies for a unit for you and gets approval before viewing, I think that complicates changing unit or size since the TIC sent to HPD has the unit info they show you.

Hope you can get something more suitable to your needs

Old 09-28-2023, 08:25 AM

57 posts, read 49,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
You should ask what is available. But sometimes it is a choice of one because it is the only vacancy for your household size and AMI.

(I don’t have the fact here, but I have hear tales that in some places they have be allowed to count a child on the way as +1 for household size. If this is so, it might qualify you for a larger unit.)
Let us know what they say if you ask for a different unit than the one you were assigned! Curious to hear what they have to say.

Old 09-29-2023, 08:40 AM

64 posts, read 81,099 times
Have they started on non-CB yet?

Old 09-29-2023, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by choco89 View Post
Have they started on non-CB yet?
dont think so, i think theyre doing other preferences first (mobility/hearing), then probably vision and then it will be ME (municipal employees). I think then gen pop starts but I could be wrong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery