Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2024, 10:20 AM

11 posts, read 4,562 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I applied to this building way back when it first opened on housing connect. My log # was high 2,***. Unfortunately, I was not called. I reapplied to the wait-list. I am also in the CB. Would my chances of being called be higher since I already applied?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2024, 09:30 AM

726 posts, read 817,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alternativedisco92 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I applied to this building way back when it first opened on housing connect. My log # was high 2,***. Unfortunately, I was not called. I reapplied to the wait-list. I am also in the CB. Would my chances of being called be higher since I already applied?
Building doesn’t have CB

Old 03-20-2024, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah99Mills9 View Post
They put the waiting list on housing connect, I’m confused on why I got that email and how long would I have to wait! Does anyone know if they have any apts empty? Or is this a waiting list for Apts that they know will end up empty soon ?!Before I didn’t qualify but now I do
There are tons of empty apartments a bunch of tenants

Old 03-20-2024, 03:11 PM

Crossing my fingers on this one. I can see it from my building.

Does anybody who lives there give me some insight on what is it like there? My building has not had amenities since its opening in 2021.

1. Are the studios/one bedroom a decent size?
2. Are washer/dryers in the lottery units? If not, how much are the laundry machines?
3. Are the amenities as promised on the website in use? What is the amenities fee?
4. How are the walls? Can you hear your neighbors often? (My building is horrible for this. I can hear my neighbor scream at her kids every day)
5. Are there higher floors with empty lottery units or the management is saving those for MR tenants?

Old 03-20-2024, 09:26 PM

Quote:

Does anybody who lives there give me some insight on what is it like there? My building has not had amenities since its opening in 2021.

2. Are washer/dryers in the lottery units? If not, how much are the laundry machines?
3. Are the amenities as promised on the website in use? What is the amenities fee?
4. How are the walls? Can you hear your neighbors often? (My building is horrible for this. I can hear my neighbor scream at her kids every day)
5. Are there higher floors with empty lottery units or the management is saving those for MR tenants?
1. Yes to 1br no to studio
2. Depends on your apartment I know a few MR ppl without laundry in the apartment but yes building has a laundry room. My unit has W/D
3. Amenity fee is $20/30 per month and yes all amenities are open
4. I truly live on a quiet floor so no complaints abt my neighbors. I do hear the arguments of my neighbor across the hall sometimes but that’s only if I’m by my front door
5. Lottery tenants are on every floor

Old 03-21-2024, 05:48 PM

7 posts, read 2,726 times
Quote:

What building do you currently live in?
I''m waiting to move in The Crossing which is up the street from this building.
I'm waiting on my voucher packet to process
I really wanted to move in One Archer but they only had studios available. I want a one bedroom
I just found out they reopened waiting list

Old 03-22-2024, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcurtis2222 View Post
I really wanted to move in One Archer but they only had studios available. I want a one bedroom

I currently live in The Kira, the building that faces Jamaica Avenue. I want out so bad lol.

I have a friend living in The Crossing, he says good things about the building.

I wanted One Archer too. I did not make the first round. I am surprised they are doing a waist list with so many apartments though. I am sure if they continued processing initial applications, they would have more stable tenants. I feel like I could have been called in the initial round but have to hope and wait all over again.

Old 03-22-2024, 12:47 PM

2,062 posts, read 1,678,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcurtis2222 View Post
I suggest you enter this One Archer wait list lottery. Moving into The Crossing does not exclude you from entering other lotteries. I wish you the best of luck with The Crossing but if you are not overjoyed living there maybe you will have luck in the One Archer lottery.

Old 03-24-2024, 02:57 PM

Quote:
I currently live in The Kira, the building that faces Jamaica Avenue. I want out so bad lol.

I have a friend living in The Crossing, he says good things about the building.

I wanted One Archer too. I did not make the first round. I am surprised they are doing a waist list with so many apartments though. I am sure if they continued processing initial applications, they would have more stable tenants. I feel like I could have been called in the initial round but have to hope and wait all over again.
Don’t be surprised the building is nice and clean but we hate the management most ppl are leaving because of them.

Old 03-26-2024, 06:49 AM

7 posts, read 2,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexyStarr View Post
Don’t be surprised the building is nice and clean but we hate the management most ppl are leaving because of them.
Are they really strict when it comes to guest? My children will with me on the weekends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery