Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2020, 06:34 PM

128 posts, read 170,743 times

Advertisements

**** I'll be ghetto
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2020, 08:32 AM

319 posts, read 400,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
Christ almighty, can you guys PLEASE keep the racist BS in the main forum?
i'm also black lmao
it's just the reality where i am.
it's a lux building but it does seem like it's filled with low income people
they are struggling to fill the high end brackets
they got me out of desperation to leave my dad's lol

Old 03-10-2020, 07:15 AM

how do you know they are struggling to fill the high end brackets?

Old 03-10-2020, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoolsafety879 View Post
how do you know they are struggling to fill the high end brackets?
because they have been trying since i got there LOL
there still have 10 of them left.
even on their site

crossing is saying lottery pending but i can still workers there still lol

Old 03-10-2020, 03:01 PM

Ohhh you are talking about where you live now and yeah crossing looks nowhere near done

Old 03-10-2020, 03:46 PM

3,132 posts, read 2,724,468 times
JS Crossing will have the same problem. It has some of the highest rents in the 160% AMI bracket I've ever seen. To live in Jamaica! Seems like unrealistic pricing for me--who would pay ~$3000 for a market-rate one-bed in Jamaica, even in new construction?

(Unfortunately, racism, misogyny, and the like are pervasive enough in this society that even the groups affected can't always escape them. Lower-income tenants in these programs are obviously more likely not to be white. The other people using that kind of rhetoric against the lower-income tenants on this board are, like, racist ex-cops from Staten Island. Something to think about.)

Old 03-10-2020, 06:51 PM

yeah the prices are crazy high i'm like wow! I wouldn't be surprised if they don't get alot of people in there. I noticed that when this lottery first came out the deadline was February 6th and then they extended it to February 20th

Old 03-10-2020, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Ohhh you are talking about where you live now and yeah crossing looks nowhere near done
Haha yeah my building is a lux but I have a studio. I want one bedroom.
They gave all the one bedroom to lower income people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
JS Crossing will have the same problem. It has some of the highest rents in the 160% AMI bracket I've ever seen. To live in Jamaica! Seems like unrealistic pricing for me--who would pay ~$3000 for a market-rate one-bed in Jamaica, even in new construction?

(Unfortunately, racism, misogyny, and the like are pervasive enough in this society that even the groups affected can't always escape them. Lower-income tenants in these programs are obviously more likely not to be white. The other people using that kind of rhetoric against the lower-income tenants on this board are, like, racist ex-cops from Staten Island. Something to think about.)
I agree with you.
Why I don't go to the main forum anymore.
Too much racist and crazy sht people say.
anyway,
I woke up this morning in my building with some" lady and boyfriend or ex yelling "get out of my house, I'm naked, get out of my house, I hope you die "
I just want a one bedroom in a decent neighborhood with actual middle income people.

Really wish Kent avenue apartments called me but was out of luck.
Usually it's one apartment posted. Smh

Old 03-11-2020, 02:10 AM

wow that's crazy sorry you had to go through that but unfortunately that's what you might get in these type of building not even trying to be racist or stereotypical cause I'm black but you always get people like that. How was your process with your studio, is that a lottery apartment as well?

Old 03-11-2020, 05:07 AM

Quote:
wow that's crazy sorry you had to go through that but unfortunately that's what you might get in these type of building not even trying to be racist or stereotypical cause I'm black but you always get people like that. How was your process with your studio, is that a lottery apartment as well?
Yeah I get to save 200 dollars on the market rate.
So I definitely want to pay 1500 for one bedroom, not a studio
It was really quick and easy because they really wanted to fill it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery