Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2019, 12:48 PM

45 posts, read 24,737 times

Advertisements

ughh just spoke to someone and they said my paper work is still being reviewed and it could take up to 4 four months not promising at all kinda sucks cause my log number is 16 i guess it doesnt matter log number.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2019, 02:32 PM

77 posts, read 51,917 times
What number to press after calling

Old 11-12-2019, 03:01 PM

just spoke to my worker she said it was in last review so I called HPD and they don't have my case ughh so confused

Old 11-12-2019, 03:15 PM

77 posts, read 51,917 times
Ok don’t worry we gonna get called

Old 11-12-2019, 03:17 PM

Thanks donnalantoine1208 I appreciate your support, I just feel discouraged especially she said it could take 4 months by then there will be no more apartments left. I am leaving it in God hand he is the only one who can make this. happen. I wish you luck and eveyone else.

Old 11-12-2019, 09:09 PM

5 posts, read 2,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incog79 View Post
Unfortunately the soundproofing isn't great in our experience. Our studio shares a wall with our neighbor's living room and we hear them all the time (loud voices and TV turned up). There haven't been any issues with sound coming from above or below.
thank you for your response! urghhh, I always worry about soundproofing. Had one too many bad experiences.

Old 11-13-2019, 06:29 AM

233 posts, read 402,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incog79 View Post
Unfortunately the soundproofing isn't great in our experience. Our studio shares a wall with our neighbor's living room and we hear them all the time (loud voices and TV turned up). There haven't been any issues with sound coming from above or below.
Thanks, Incog79. When you move to a one bedroom, maybe you'll get less noisy neighbors. I'm curious about the waitlist for a one bedroom process as well, even though I haven't actually moved in to my studio yet! When I was looking at apartments in July, one of the apartments was still occupied and the owner said that they waited for a one bedroom with balcony for a year on the internal list, but she wanted a specific building, so maybe that took longer.

I've been to my apartment several times and it's been pretty quiet, but I haven't spent the night, so I don't know what to expect as far as street noise, etc. Typical NYC noises I suppose.

Old 11-13-2019, 10:10 AM

25 posts, read 38,684 times
A couple of things-They are still working off the old waitlist and parking is $135/month and there is a waitlist for that.

Old 11-13-2019, 10:53 AM

19 posts, read 15,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRETTYK View Post
How do you like it so far? I'm still adjusting, but I'm so happy and thankful!!!
How long did it take you to get your lease in the mail ?

Old 11-13-2019, 11:46 AM

3 posts, read 1,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple1234 View Post
They emailed me for additional documents and for bank deposit clarifications. Heard nothing back other than confirming they received it.
Hi did you get the apartment?They also emailed me for additional documents and wrote me they got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery