Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2016, 09:03 AM

64 posts, read 177,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry85 View Post
I also applied to lottery 1bed East Midtown Plaza and got log#0XX, but I didn't received any notice yet. Has anyone done the Mitchell Lama process before? What can i expect with this number? Log# is less than 50.
Wow.. that's awesome! congrats.

You'll receive a letter in the mail from the property manager of EMP with an official application and instructions on how to continue. Most likely will have to turn in $250 in two separate certified checks for the application fee. If I were you I would either send everything they ask for in via certified mail, or if they allow you to, drop everything off in person and make sure to get a signed receipt from whoever accepts the application + checks. Then continue to check online with your bank to see if/when the certified checks are cashed. Depending on who manages EMP they could be tough to deal with, and on top of that a lot of these management companies treat ML residents and applicants like second class citizens. try to document any contact you have with them the best you can

I believe they are starting the external 1 bedroom list from scratch, so if you have a log number that low, that is great news. No idea how long it would take but it sounds like your wait is going to be a lot shorter than others. Plus that is a huge development I believe there are over 1,000 units total in the complex. I wouldn't be surprised if you got called in less than 2 years

Definitely jealous!

Good luck with everything and let us know how the process goes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 04:44 PM

185 posts, read 315,102 times
Hi,I also applied to EMP and got a number between 50 and 70. What do you think it means? I do not meet the preferred criteria and am wondering how that might impact my number.

Last edited by Nyc246; 07-06-2016 at 04:45 PM.. Reason: To add information

Old 07-14-2016, 07:55 PM

124 posts, read 221,658 times
I got my York hill confirmation today that they got the application fee, hopefully they don't take too long I'm in the high 70'

Old 07-15-2016, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez93 View Post
I got my York hill confirmation today that they got the application fee, hopefully they don't take too long I'm in the high 70'
They sent you a letter that they cashed the checks?

Old 07-15-2016, 06:11 PM

Yea the letter says that I am on the waiting list and that they received the application money

Old 07-16-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Yea the letter says that I am on the waiting list and that they received the application money
damn, I still haven't gotten a letter from them yet. When did you get it? I went and turned in my checks and application in person to their office. Got a stamp/receipt saying I turned them in. TRS and York Hill cashed my certified checks on 5/27 (confirmed with my bank). I don't trust TRS with anything. Hoping they didn't drop the ball. I'm 2xx on the log.

Last edited by waiting4chelsea2; 07-16-2016 at 01:26 PM..

Old 07-17-2016, 07:29 AM

Don't worry, so probably since you went in person, they check you in already , so they don't have to send you a letter, how long you think we are going to wait to hear back from them??

Old 07-18-2016, 05:58 AM

129 posts, read 272,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting4chelsea2 View Post
damn, I still haven't gotten a letter from them yet. When did you get it? I went and turned in my checks and application in person to their office. Got a stamp/receipt saying I turned them in. TRS and York Hill cashed my certified checks on 5/27 (confirmed with my bank). I don't trust TRS with anything. Hoping they didn't drop the ball. I'm 2xx on the log.

I haven't received a confirmation either. I sent money orders.

Old 07-18-2016, 04:24 PM

That's very weird, I maybe wait a couple of more days, if you don't get it ,try to call them and ask, maybe some people get it based on their adress, but a 4-5 days difference is weird specially in nyc

Old 07-19-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Don't worry, so probably since you went in person, they check you in already , so they don't have to send you a letter, how long you think we are going to wait to hear back from them??
I just called and they told me if I want a letter I have to submit a request in writing. wtf??? so some people have received confirmation letters but some people haven't?? TRS is the worst. I asked what was going on and they transferred me twice to two dead lines. I don't get how they operate. Like I said before I have no faith in TRS nor the receptionist I dealt with there.

To answer your other question I think it will be a long wait for this building but it'll be worth it. Someone I know in the building said the whole list will be cycled through in 5 years. A list of 500 in 5 years when there are 300 units TOTAL in the building? And this is only for 1 beds? year, I doubt it.

They are opening their studio list next year. The studios there are very big and nice. That'd be a better list to get on because it'll move faster. A lot of people in studios internally move to 1 or 2 bedrooms. A relative of mine had a studio there and she waited 2 years to move into a 1 bed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery