Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 08:12 AM

10 posts, read 25,144 times

Advertisements

Don't they wake up in the morning and think about how their actions affect other people?
Isn't it bizarre to them that their neighborhood is deemed unsafe?
Maybe I'll never really understand it. But I hope one day they can wake up, get a job, and stop trying to deal drugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 09:12 AM

530 posts, read 2,628,358 times
I think as "normal" people, we cannot fathom what these sick criminals are really thinking. Sure, to you and me what is happening is outrageous, but the criminal element doesn't think like you or me.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:26 AM

1,350 posts, read 2,304,547 times
Most of those violent criminals are 14-20 year old "kids".

They act like animals and were never thought any sense of right or wrong...

Old 07-08-2009, 09:37 AM

1,734 posts, read 5,698,732 times
They are animals. They were never taught right or wrong, and they were never taught to have a sense of shame. They aren't embarrased because they don't care. They don't care about anything. Most are also very selfish.

I have often wondered how this world has gotten so diluted that there are people out there who are willing to help make their neighborhood/city dangerous. I have often thought "what stupidity"...but then again, this generation of criminals have never known anything else. They have been programmed to act this way.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:54 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,931,269 times
They have no conscience (spelling?), no care for others, no civic sense - only me, me, me!

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 07-08-2009 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-08-2009, 10:11 AM

1,350 posts, read 2,304,547 times
Well to be fair most AMERICANS have no sense of civic pride, duty much less sense.

White upper middle class kids are just as likely to be all about me, me, me, me....they just dont stick guns in people's faces (typically).

Old 07-08-2009, 11:49 AM

10 posts, read 25,144 times
You make a good point Pry. Most people want social status, and everyone has their own way of achieving it. However, murdering and mugging is different than the selfishness of a middle/upper class teenager. I am dealing with the better of two evils here.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:12 AM

63 posts, read 565,365 times
Most of these people are on heroine and other drugs. As an educator I know what is going on first hand. Most have parents who were addictid to drugs and are now in jail. Others have parents who are always at work. They work two to three minumum wage jobs to make ends meet. Their parents went through Orleans Parish Schools,but were NOT educated. When white flight happened in the 60's due to integration NO one cared about the school system or the children. There was no air conditioning in the schools until about 7 years ago! It gets hot here. Race has always been a factor in funding and resources in Orleans Parish Schools. The well to do blacks sent their children to private schools so the public schools suffered. The youth knew and could see that no one gave a damn about them. They went to schools that were FALLING DOWN AROUND THEM. Their parents were harrased and abused by the police on a regular basis. I PERSONALLY know innocent people who have spent YEARS in prision.

I saw a man throw down a bag of 20-30 crack rocks because he hears sirens. It was actually the night out against crime and the fire trucks and police cars were in a parade. Later another guy walked passed and the cops rolled up on him and asked him where was he going. They looked on the ground saw the drugs and arrested him. This was in City of Gretna and I told them what really happened. The cops told me if I did not shut my _ucking mouth I was going down too. Black people have been so _ucked over that they are broken. They have lived with domestic terroism for several hundred years in America. So many have given up or become addicted to drugs. This city had never invested in it's people. They only care about tourism.
I say this to ALL white people and WEALTHY black give to the schools directly. Write a check and give it to the principal in the neighborhood where you live or better yet the neighborhood that you are AFRAID to go into. Fund the Boys Club of America. Central City,Hollygrove,Iberville and the lower ninth ward are good starting points. We can make New Orleans better. I know Africans and people from the Carribean who do not have these problems, because they have not been as oppressed because blacks out numbered the whites in those places.

New Orleans can change. Blacks here need ecomonic power, but education comes before that. Blacks are as intelligent as anyone. My African friends are some of the top scholars in colleges and universities acrosss the country. I am saying this because many whites think that blacks are inferior in intelligence.
New Orleans shall rise!

Last edited by linicx; 08-17-2009 at 12:41 AM..

Old 07-30-2009, 04:43 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,245,611 times
Quote:
Don't criminals feel embarassed about making a neighborhood "bad"
The answer is no.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:51 AM

1,127 posts, read 5,016,343 times
If criminals felt embarrassment over any criminal action they did there would be no crime. Criminals don't view the world like normal people. Thieves view everything as up for grabbs and their victims as fools for not being "smart" enough to prevent their own things from being stolen. Thieves are smug people who haven't learned right from wrong. Drug dealers don't mind hooking a mother of three on drugs and ruining the lives of three children, for them it is a dog eat dog world. They only value money and status; no one ever taught them to value life.

In other words, civilization has no meaning to criminals. Civilized people want to live within a safe community, and have consideration for other people. Criminals don't care about a safe community and feel that they have to harm others to survive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans