Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 06:06 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,903,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayNagin504 View Post
Hate is a such a strong word. I have never said I hated anything. I just don't like the fact what the city has turned into and the politicians are not doing anything to fix the situation.
New Orleans is now what it always has been and always will be.

You were either born 10 years ago or have had your head stuck in the sand!

Old 02-24-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayNagin504 View Post
Annie_himself, what is your plan of action for the city's crime?
About 6-7 years ago, there was a story posted, I believe in the Houston Chronicle (I could be wrong) that was talking about the criminals that had been relocated to Houston because of Katrina. Long story short, they started murdering people here and had a real smug attitude towards to police in Houston stating that no witnesses would come forward, thus they'd be free within 60 days. Suffice to say, it doesn't work that way in Texas and a lot of the criminals moved back to New Orleans.

My plan of action would be to change the laws and actually put felons away, where they belong, in prison.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:44 AM

203 posts, read 519,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
About 6-7 years ago, there was a story posted, I believe in the Houston Chronicle (I could be wrong) that was talking about the criminals that had been relocated to Houston because of Katrina. Long story short, they started murdering people here and had a real smug attitude towards to police in Houston stating that no witnesses would come forward, thus they'd be free within 60 days. Suffice to say, it doesn't work that way in Texas and a lot of the criminals moved back to New Orleans.

My plan of action would be to change the laws and actually put felons away, where they belong, in prison.
I used to read the Houston Chronicles forums from the end of 2005 to 2008. I can tell you the people of Houston didn't like the people of New Orleans who came to the city and still don't. I totally understand why. The people from New Orleans basically tried to take over their city and state. They did the same thing in Atlanta and other cities. I have read several news articles of the New Orleans evacuees robbing existing drug dealers to one couple joining a church in Memphis and selling the house that was donated to them. Then moving back to New Orleans after receiving the money. Seems like the people on this thread don't think the city of New Orleans has a problem. The crime has not gotten better since then. What about the terrible public education system? The police are doing nothing to prevent or to contain the crime. People are killing each other everyday there. Every time, I check the nola website I can bet someone was shot, killed, robbed, or raped. At this point it's not normal for someone not to get killed on the daily bases. I have no idea why someone with sense would want to come to a city that offers such ruthless acts unless you have a death wish. No one is safe in this city. The people don't respect the police nor do the police respect the people. It's a 3rd world country. Many people who were born in New Orleans will tell you the city is messed up as a whole. The only reason that they have not left is because they don't have the financial means as many don't. The only people who find something positive about the city are tourist who have relocated from other terrible states. These are usually not business minded individuals. More like people who like to party and drink.

Evacuees in Tennessee given home; they sell it, leave - Houston Chronicle

Old 02-25-2013, 03:57 AM

2,311 posts, read 4,951,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post

That article was in Time, it was called "the gangs of New Orleans".

The "60-day homicide" is a thing of the past, something that went on under a flimsy DA- either Eddie Jordan or Keva Landrum-Johnson.

And Louisiana already has the highest incarceration rate of any state, so it's not just as simple as "lock 'em up and throw away the key".

Old 02-25-2013, 07:54 AM

282 posts, read 438,933 times
Could we please get back on topic guys?? Help the OP find a nice place where he could call home!! Geez!!

Old 02-25-2013, 10:36 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,869,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leroy217 View Post
Could we please get back on topic guys?? Help the OP find a nice place where he could call home!! Geez!!
THank you! Yes, back to the OP's question.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neworleansisprettygood View Post
That article was in Time, it was called "the gangs of New Orleans".

The "60-day homicide" is a thing of the past, something that went on under a flimsy DA- either Eddie Jordan or Keva Landrum-Johnson.

And Louisiana already has the highest incarceration rate of any state, so it's not just as simple as "lock 'em up and throw away the key".
I'm pretty sure there was also an article in the Chronicle, I love New Orleans and the people I've met there (including my ex-wife) were some of the greatest people I've ever known. So please, don't take my comments as any kind of misplaced hate.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:14 AM

2,569 posts, read 7,749,085 times
Ahh, to be that age again, with that money, and going to live in New Orleans! I am so jealous. Heck I'd settle for the age plus New Orleans, without the money, if I had a time machine.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:55 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,869,572 times
Too many off topic posts. Closed.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans