Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 05:02 PM

1 posts, read 4,194 times

Advertisements

We are moving to crownpoint NM and we would like to know what type of services are available, like internet or cellphone?
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2006, 03:09 AM

827 posts, read 5,081,706 times
Default Way Out in No Man's Land

Crownpoint is way the heck out from about anything. You must be moving there to help the people such as a doctor or something. My brother once went there and told me he felt he had entered a time warp 100 years back in time. All I know is you must want a primitive existence and if so good luck.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:07 PM

47 posts, read 130,765 times
Default Mescalero 4th of July Parade

Our 4th of July outing to Mescalero was most enjoyable.

Way out of the ordinary. The pictures shown on the link below are just a tiny snippet of the sights of that day.

Turn up the sound.

Choose HD on the toolbar at the bottom of the frame for full screen.

Mescalero Apache 4th of July | PhotoShow (http://www.photoshow.com/watch/eG4bV5mh?version=beta - broken link)

Old 07-08-2008, 05:53 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,638,438 times
Nice photo's Sparkey.......as i see even the Navajo Nation band was there in Mescalero for that .

Old 07-08-2008, 05:57 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,025,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
Our 4th of July outing to Mescalero was most enjoyable.

Way out of the ordinary. The pictures shown on the link below are just a tiny snippet of the sights of that day.

Turn up the sound.

Choose HD on the toolbar at the bottom of the frame for full screen.

Mescalero Apache 4th of July | PhotoShow (http://www.photoshow.com/watch/eG4bV5mh?version=beta - broken link)
Your slide show is great. Glad you had an enjoyable time.
Jane

Old 01-02-2010, 10:29 AM

12 posts, read 29,336 times
Default Moving to Magdalena, NM

I would appreciate any information / input on moving to Magdalena, NM.
Specifically, quality of city water, how do you connect high speed to the internet, good weather months, bad weather months, what can you grow in your garden, is there any public transportation to Socorro or ABQ, crime rate,
racial /ethnic harmony, good places to eat, must see places, must do activities, cultural or educational activities, local hot springs, is there a public swimming pool, chances of meeting the woman of my dreams, community activities, friendliness, who should I ask to build my home?
Many thanks in advance for any responses.

Old 01-02-2010, 03:53 PM

1,399 posts, read 4,182,265 times
Ah....I think you should visit M before making the big move....

Old 01-02-2010, 04:45 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,919,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecpatl View Post
Ah....I think you should visit M before making the big move....
Or at least take the time to travel up and down some of the streets using the GOOGLE STREET VIEW feature on the internet. A few minutes time will take you from one end of both Main and First Sts. to the other - with 360 degree views as you "walk" along.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:16 AM

4,552 posts, read 15,034,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericblair View Post
Specifically, quality of city water, how do you connect high speed to the internet, good weather months, bad weather months, what can you grow in your garden, is there any public transportation to Socorro or ABQ, crime rate,
racial /ethnic harmony, good places to eat, must see places, must do activities, cultural or educational activities, local hot springs, is there a public swimming pool, chances of meeting the woman of my dreams, community activities, friendliness, who should I ask to build my home?

first of all....WHY?

I dont know why anyone would move to Magdalena.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:11 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,237,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericblair View Post
It's nice to dream.
Estimated population of Magdalena, 900, wooooohooooo!

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitors sites is not allowed

http://www.magdalena-nm.com/

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3D2%26hl%3Den

Last edited by Yac; 02-23-2010 at 06:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico