Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 04:57 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times

Advertisements

Good to hear from you. Please keep us posted. So what are you doing for water, sewage and electric?

FWIW - I think I would leave as much desert grass as possible just to keep wind erosion under control.

Free drinks while you shop? Great, you can get your liver and your wallet hammered at the same time. Convienient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 12:23 PM

24 posts, read 138,971 times
I don't think I'll be doing much utility work this year. I'm spending most of the time getting use to the area and the people. I'm staying in an rv park which is only $160 a month.
The west side of the mountains is quite populated with houses starting to climb up the side of the mountains. Theres some beautiful homes up in there but its kind of ruining the view. As you drive around the roads after awhile you can pretty well tell where the people come from just by looking in their yards lol. Most (not all) mexicans live in shabby houses with a new escalade with chrome rims parked in the yard. Westerners like prefab shoebox houses with a barb wire fence around it and drive huge pickup trucks. Notherners put flower pots on the mailbox and tend to build multi story houses and drive compacts. There's a lot of G. Bush lovers here and they take it to an extreme sometimes.
On the whole, people here are friendly but a lot different from new england people so it takes awhile to fit in I guess.

Old 06-27-2009, 01:31 PM

168 posts, read 502,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryargos View Post
own some parcels in the sunshine ranchette area- what the going value for half acre lots I have 10 lots that are together. is it worth selling or just keep it another 30 years- Im kind of hoping it could be worth around 2500 per lot- haha- in my dreams maybe but who knows- with the economy the way it is , it might be good to keep it,
Might be worth under $500? per 1/2 acre lot or $2000-$4000? per 2 acres. I think a person will need 2 acres to build on. 2 acres lots sell much better.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:01 PM

62 posts, read 251,907 times
If Habitat does not want it let me know.

Dave
ae8u@yahoo.com

Old 06-06-2010, 10:14 AM

9 posts, read 28,418 times
Are either of you still there? I have an acre in section 2. Was just there to visit in May. I loved it. Retirng in 3 years. Becky

Old 06-08-2010, 08:19 PM

Default unit 2

my land is also in unit 2, block 8. What block are you. I would love to develop and become a snowbird.

Old 06-09-2010, 04:48 PM

Default ranchettes

ten together would be worth more then individual lots. More important is where they are located. There is a paved road and some improved gravel. The big factor is how close you are to the power lines and if you are in the "flood zone". Still the best you could hope for is $1000.00 an acre. Many are far less. The biggest problem is the residential covenants that were signed in the early 70's. If owners got together it could be thrown out and free the land for recreational usage. Then there might be some action out there. Its lovely country but too restricted right now.
Where are your tracts?

Old 07-07-2010, 12:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,876 times
Hi Becky,
I just recently ran across this forum. I have two 2 acre parcels in the area od unit 4B units 9-10 and 1-2 in 4B L1-2, so 4 acres total. I have never seen the land and am excited to make a trip this summer to look around. Is there any resource you have foun re. info on living there? Is it really practical to have water hauled in there? Are you aware of any limits on how long I could camp in a rv on the land?

Thanks,
Ed
303-993-9261

Old 11-09-2010, 09:12 PM

168 posts, read 502,525 times
I have an acre in unit 12/block 15 and would love to have a complete 2 arces. Anyone in this area?

Also looking for people to post pics of the area.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:24 PM

38 posts, read 82,613 times
I purchased one 1/2 acre lot in 1975. I visited the area in 1978 when I returned from Germany. I purchase a second 1/2 acre lot during my visit and had the first one recorded at the Luna County office. The second piece was purchased and recorded in 1980. I have tract 21 and 22 in Block 4, Unit 10. According to a map of Luna County there is community property nearby (identified by RES). It is partially in Unit 10 and Unit 11. I am a member of the Luna County Ranchette Owners Association and will share their address with any property owner that would like it. Membership is only $5 a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico