Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2020, 11:06 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,377,272 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody, i have considered Hobbs,New Mexico to live in for a little while.I am a young single man.I like Hobbs because its close to where i live in West Texas.I was impressed with the restaurants the last time i was there.

I remember i went to a hibachi place or whatever u call it when they cook with fire in front of u.I also like how its closer to the mountains than where i live now.How much does a good safe apartment cost a month?

I have not set up a budget yet.I will not be needing employment at one of the Hobbs area employers.What do people in Hobbs like to for fun?Also, how bad are the winters???I know some people following my threads over the years know i am looking for a good dating place but really i dont want to keep waiting around forever on getting married to move since that may be a while.I dont need nightlife.

I am confident i will be able to find a good church if i decide to move to Hobbs.I know some of you may think why Hobbs but its because i almost moved to Little Texas and i have been looking for places to move there but i do want to live in places that are more New Mexican at some point.

Im from Midland, Texas.I am debating on if i should live in Hobbs,New Mexico or not.Thanks in advance everybody.

Last edited by C24L; 11-06-2020 at 11:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2020, 11:36 PM

Also, how expensive is the cost of living?

Old 11-07-2020, 10:10 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,004,506 times
Look into Alamogordo, Cloudcroft, that whole area. And if you can afford it, Ruidoso.

Old 11-07-2020, 08:48 PM

565 posts, read 471,393 times
Texas allows citizens to keep arms. New Mexico allows citizens to both keep and bear them.

Old 11-07-2020, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsheamountain View Post
Texas allows citizens to keep arms. New Mexico allows citizens to both keep and bear them.
I am not interested in carrying them around where i go but thanks anyways.

Old 11-07-2020, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
Look into Alamogordo, Cloudcroft, that whole area. And if you can afford it, Ruidoso.
well i have thought about Alamogordo and its still under some condition but not right now since i dont think its Little Texas.Cloudcroft is too isolated for me because it does not even have a grocery store last i checked.

I have always loved Ruidoso but i think it may be better to spend the summers there than to actually live in full time as a year-round resident.I am thinking about buying a place in Ruidoso at some point if i ever get enough money saved up from my landman business Thanks for the tips buddy.

Old 11-08-2020, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsheamountain View Post
Texas also allows us Texans to bear arms.I am not curious about the gun laws in New Mexico since i will do my shooting in Texas.

Old 11-08-2020, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
well i have thought about Alamogordo and its still under some condition but not right now since i dont think its Little Texas.Cloudcroft is too isolated for me because it does not even have a grocery store last i checked.

I have always loved Ruidoso but i think it may be better to spend the summers there than to actually live in full time as a year-round resident.I am thinking about buying a place in Ruidoso at some point if i ever get enough money saved up from my landman business Thanks for the tips buddy.
I can't say I have been to Alamogordo but I have been to Cloudcroft and I remember t-shirts calling it the "highest point in Texas" or something like that. And I thought it felt very Texan to me. I can't imagine that Alamogordo is any different?

And yes, from Cloudcroft you are 30 minutes or so to the nearest grocery store in Alamogordo.

And I agree with what you said about Ruidoso, I would love a place there too, or Cloudcroft or Taos.

What about Las Cruces?

Old 11-09-2020, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
I can't say I have been to Alamogordo but I have been to Cloudcroft and I remember t-shirts calling it the "highest point in Texas" or something like that. And I thought it felt very Texan to me. I can't imagine that Alamogordo is any different?

And yes, from Cloudcroft you are 30 minutes or so to the nearest grocery store in Alamogordo.

And I agree with what you said about Ruidoso, I would love a place there too, or Cloudcroft or Taos.

What about Las Cruces?
Well i have been to Alamo....i like it.Cloudcroft is nice too but its a 30 minute drive away down a mountain from the nearest grocery store.That can get real treacherous in winter time.I wouldnt want to live there full time.Taos is great.

I want to live in Las Cruces but that is prolly a nother move i would do.Las Cruces was one of the more New Mexican places i was referring to.Maybe ill have enough money for a cabin someday.I have been in love with Ruidoso in the Land of Enchantment ever since i visited as a kid.

Last edited by C24L; 11-09-2020 at 03:26 AM..

Old 11-09-2020, 10:18 AM

What is it about Alamogordo that makes it feel "less Texan" if you will?

Also, thanks for the message!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico