Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2008, 06:35 PM

261 posts, read 936,697 times

Advertisements

Da county commishs are gonna stick up the oil bidnezz until they get some money.

Oil, gas officials voice concern on possible drilling halt - Farmington Daily Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 07:53 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,291,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjbasin View Post
Da county commishs are gonna stick up the oil bidnezz until they get some money.

Oil, gas officials voice concern on possible drilling halt - Farmington Daily Times
An envelope with some cash will do the trick for most NM politicians.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:53 AM

946 posts, read 3,267,459 times
And corporations always tell the truth? And never harm the environment? We should always trust them to look after our interests?

Old 04-04-2008, 11:12 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,821,925 times
No, No, and No. Trust buisness but always read the contract.

Old 04-04-2008, 03:53 PM

1,789 posts, read 4,346,029 times
Oh my!!!!!!!!Thank you for linking that to us. One of the main reasons I want to move from my cattle ranch is all the oil tankers running up and down these back roads. 10 years ago, you wouldn't see anyone other than a livestock truck now you have oil and more oil rigs everywhere. They "accidently" went on top of one of my hills and cut down 250 trees. Well, they found out I was a tree hugger and they did pay for each and every tree.

THE BEST TO COME....Last Friday a rig lost control going around a corner and took my mail box and landed in my creek. It took that rig 400 feet travelling through the air to finally stop. The highway patrol says they can't ticket the oil companies. Well, he got several of my pecan trees and they will pay for them. I can't imagine moving to another hot oil stop.

The land I've been looking at is on route 512, just 9 miles south of Chama. Just a few miles North of the Tierra Am..area.

If you get anymore information, please let me know!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you,
Debbie at Bountiful Ranch in Eastern Oklahoma

Old 04-04-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin Bent View Post
And corporations always tell the truth? And never harm the environment? We should always trust them to look after our interests?

It's not their job to look after you.

Old 04-05-2008, 08:19 AM

946 posts, read 3,267,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjbasin View Post
It's not their job to look after you.
I agree with you totally. So I am not going to assume that they are in the right and the county commissioners are wrong.

Old 04-05-2008, 08:29 AM

I am confused, are you saying that the oil companies will be making that area look like swiss cheese after the oil company comes up with a little more dough to make it a better deal. There is no thought to saving the area's natural beauty. I agree we all need oil but come on down to OKie land see the natural beauty look like a ... hole.

Old 04-05-2008, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
I am confused, are you saying that the oil companies will be making that area look like swiss cheese after the oil company comes up with a little more dough to make it a better deal. There is no thought to saving the area's natural beauty. I agree we all need oil but come on down to OKie land see the natural beauty look like a ... hole.

Yeah, I'm saying that there will be a deal. Rio Arriba county, some of the jefes, and some of the land grant heirs will get some money. The oil companys will get to drill on the property that, and this is an important point...they have already paid for. The mess will not be as bad as it was in the past, but there's no free lunch in terms of the environment when it comes to oil and gas.

As long as we as a society choose to drive our 180-lb carcasses around in 2-ton machines we're going to have to cut a few forrests down and poke holes in the earth.

Old 04-05-2008, 02:22 PM

I agree and it makes me sick. I live in such a beautiful area that has been half choped up by the oil and gas companies. They can't even get tickets in this area and I have had a mack truck filled with salt water fly 400 feet through the air and land in my creek. All they did is fix my fence and say I am sorry. No ticket. My bridge says no more than 15 tons but the county says they can't ticket them and if they pull out a lot of money will leave. Maybe people should start to think about their obsession with gas a little more. I sure have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico