Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 09:32 AM

1 posts, read 28,203 times

Advertisements

Hi, I recently got a job offer from Roswell, NM. Thats a 3-5 years contract. I a in midwest and do not know a lot about Rosewell. I do not have any kids and wondering about the living situations, crimes and your experiences regarding that city.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2006, 12:14 PM

52 posts, read 398,892 times
Roswell might not be such a bad place considering all the other towns you have read about. Of course Roswell is famous for their UFO's and you will find paraphenilia in all their local stores. Roswell is a pretty town and seems a lot quieter and peaceful there. They have a military school located there and that may be the reason.

Old 03-15-2006, 02:14 PM

27 posts, read 359,821 times
haha, roswell smells. but it is a fun place to go and I know a lot of ppl that live there. Just be careful, there's the UFO festival everywhere, a lot of weird ppl go there for it.

Old 03-17-2006, 11:52 PM

368 posts, read 1,329,146 times
Default roswell

they dont call it crazy town roswell for nothing, i think they have more drive-bys than anywhere in the state. Years ago they did a story on dateline about Roswell and all their gangs and crime. I know about Roswell cause I used to live not too far away and plus I have family there that are all corrupted from growing up in the CTR-crazy town roswell.Everyone in Eastern New Mexico knows Roswell is the worst place in the state, they used to say its worse that Albq. the murders have decreased in Roswell but there are still alot of gang shootings and drive-bys.

Old 03-19-2006, 06:44 PM

4 posts, read 78,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by councilor j
they dont call it crazy town roswell for nothing, i think they have more drive-bys than anywhere in the state. Years ago they did a story on dateline about Roswell and all their gangs and crime. I know about Roswell cause I used to live not too far away and plus I have family there that are all corrupted from growing up in the CTR-crazy town roswell.Everyone in Eastern New Mexico knows Roswell is the worst place in the state, they used to say its worse that Albq. the murders have decreased in Roswell but there are still alot of gang shootings and drive-bys.
Exactly, Little Alb. We lived there for three years. It felt like ten. Crime city.
It better be bolted down, on fire and guarded by a herd of rabid Rottwielers or you might lose it.
A guy actually stole a tool box from my trailer while I was at a stop light on main and 19th at noontime. We heard gunshots every day and night in the historical dist.
They do have a couple of nice golf courses. There are alot of friendly people, some of which recently are from other states.
Goddard high school on the north side and Roswell high in the south.
Lots of Milk and Pecans.
Oh yeah its hotter than hell too.
Hope that helps.

Old 04-05-2006, 10:48 PM
mh5

1 posts, read 28,193 times
Default Roswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsps
Hi, I recently got a job offer from Roswell, NM. Thats a 3-5 years contract. I a in midwest and do not know a lot about Rosewell. I do not have any kids and wondering about the living situations, crimes and your experiences regarding that city.
Thanks.
Roswell I've been here off and on for some time now It is a growing town lots of new homes being built and more major stores are moving in . crime is no higher than any other town and the town is working hard to clean it self up and promote new buissness to come in. Depending on what you like to do your a few hours from just about anything that you may wish to do, but keep in mind if your from this part of the country driving 2 or 3 hours will not bother you but, if your from thr coast this may be to much for you. Good luck

Old 04-06-2006, 11:22 AM

Well, some recent news from Roswell, it seems that there is an extreme arsonist on the run. He burns down churches. In case you haven't seen that on the news, just something to watch out for.

Old 04-09-2006, 07:09 PM

34 posts, read 294,213 times
Okay. The crime is unreal. Great museum and city library. The historic district has go wonderful architecture & folks are working hard to keep it beautiful. Bad resturants. Shopping is in Lubbock. The medical services are so bad, most folks go to Lubbock, especially if it is an accident. You get med-evacted to Lubbock.
Hot? you don't know the meaning of hot. How's two weeks straight of 106?

Old 04-10-2006, 05:22 PM

ah, 106 is not that bad. Me personally? I like that weather, but then again, I'm used to 115. But it's dry heat so it doesn't feel like its that h.ot at all

Old 04-18-2006, 09:11 PM

1 posts, read 25,602 times
Default Roswell question

Hello. My family may be moving to Roswell with in the next six months. I am trying to find out about the schools both public and private. Also how is the rental market as far as housing? Where are the best areas to live? Is the crime rate really that bad?? Thank you in advance for any and all information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico