Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2009, 09:18 PM

1 posts, read 22,200 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am considering purchasing a Courtland with Ryan Homes in NJ. I have met with the sales rep a few times, but we haven't sat down and discussed prices yet, but I plan on doing that soon. Just to give me an idea, does anyone know the price of upgrades to a Courtland (in NJ), based off of knowledge or personal experience? Thanks!

P.S. By upgrades, I mean, the Solarium, Morning Room, Upgraded Kitches, Granite, Sitting room, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 08:43 AM
o2b

13 posts, read 87,915 times
My advice regarding Ryan homes is DON'T BUY!
https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-jersey/71260-looking-ryan-homes-rivers-edge-delanco-new-post.html

Old 03-19-2010, 01:20 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,872,134 times
we almost bought a custom make Ryan home last year and were shocked how much the options were. When we had the home like we wanted, it was about 20k MORE then base price and we did not want much more..

Old 03-19-2010, 01:24 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,621,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
we almost bought a custom make Ryan home last year and were shocked how much the options were. When we had the home like we wanted, it was about 20k MORE then base price and we did not want much more..
Frank 20K more for a custom home with options isn't that much. Upgraded cabinets is 5K,hardwood floors, 5K. tile and so on and it adds up fast.

Old 03-19-2010, 07:09 PM

16 posts, read 99,161 times
Don't buy Ryan. There is a reason why they cost less money per square foot.

Extrememly cheap construction. I know I probably won't change your mind but I feel like I would be wrong not to at least warn you.

Old 11-19-2014, 06:45 PM

1 posts, read 10,586 times
How much is it for an optional bedroom in basement and sunroom in Harford County, Md.

Last edited by tunafish444; 11-19-2014 at 06:54 PM..

Old 11-21-2014, 12:43 PM

298 posts, read 341,302 times
Default DO NOT BUY Ryan homes

We owned a Ryan home in Raritan TWP NJ and I would strongly urge you to NOT buy from them. Cheap materials and construction, many defects, constant water leaks. We found out that our house didn't even have real plywood (or even waterboard exterior). They use something called "Energy board" which is cheap junk. When it gets wet it's basically like cardboard. Their vinyl siding is also terrible. It is not quality workmanship or materials and it won't last.

Think of it this way, would you buy a car that falls apart and leaks water after 2 years? How about a thief being able to get into your house with a utility knife (box cutter)? Drafty windows that lose all your heat?

Ryan homes look nice on the surface, but they have a terrible reputation for quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiate View Post
Hello, I am considering purchasing a Courtland with Ryan Homes in NJ. I have met with the sales rep a few times, but we haven't sat down and discussed prices yet, but I plan on doing that soon. Just to give me an idea, does anyone know the price of upgrades to a Courtland (in NJ), based off of knowledge or personal experience? Thanks!

P.S. By upgrades, I mean, the Solarium, Morning Room, Upgraded Kitches, Granite, Sitting room, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey