Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2011, 04:21 AM

2 posts, read 11,691 times

Advertisements

Hello all! My wife and I are looking to buy our first home in Egg Harbor Township, NJ. The two spots we have picked out are Ryan Homes on Ridge and Delaware Aves, and Iacobucci Homes at Victoria Pointe off of West jersey Ave.

With any big purchase, I like to do my research. With that said, I haven't heard one single positive thing online about Ryan Homes. So I drove through the neighborhood to ask a homeowner. He said so far so good but recommended if I do go with Ryan, visit the build as often as possible. Ryan Homes models are beautiful and their prices are affordable. However, my wife and I don't want to purchase a money pit.

We also checked out the Chapel Hill model at Victoria Pointe by Iacobucci Homes. I have heard from two homeowners that live over their and they both say they haven't had a single issue and they love the quality of their homes. Knowingly this, the Iacobucci Homes are a no brained. HOWEVER, the model we want is $25k more.

So my question is, is it worth it to just go with Ryan Homes and just be vigilant during the build to make sure its done right or is it not worth it and we should go with the more expensive Iacobucci Homes at Victoria Pointe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 08:04 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,691,956 times
I have no personal experience with either builder, but looked at a Ryan development a couple years ago and after reading the countless reviews online decided it was a bad move. In this situation, it seems some simple math might prove the point.

Two developments in the same town, one model you like in each. Both houses offer similar square footage, room count, amenities, etc. One house costs $25k less than the other. How did they make that house cost less?

You see this all over with the Ryan developments. There are a couple near me and they are selling larger homes with more amenities for the same or less money than the other builders. Sorry, no ones that good, they must be cheaping out somewhere to get those prices down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey