Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 10:14 PM

5 posts, read 16,311 times

Advertisements

Considering putting a bid in on a home in Bound Brook NJ.

Flooding aside ( which i was told this is out of the flood area ) how is the town? what sort of people typically make up it's population? Crime? Schools? etc.

The house in located on vosseller ave, between rt 28 and talmage ave.

What can I expect as far as town growth in the future as house resale is considered.

Also, any other tips or input on Bound brook you'd like to add would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 04:12 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,396,943 times
Talmadge Ave floods completely and so does Vosseller about half way to RT 28, right near the Church, Make sure the house in question is closer to 28 than Talmadge. The area you are looking at used to be mostly Italian but now is heavy Hispanic.
If you can afford it Middlesex is a better choice especially the schools and the flood area in Middlesex is much smaller right close to the Green Brook.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:03 PM

96 posts, read 284,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Talmadge Ave floods completely and so does Vosseller about half way to RT 28, right near the Church, Make sure the house in question is closer to 28 than Talmadge. The area you are looking at used to be mostly Italian but now is heavy Hispanic.
If you can afford it Middlesex is a better choice especially the schools and the flood area in Middlesex is much smaller right close to the Green Brook.
Time has certainly changed the demographics and the flooding areas I was familiar with when I went to BBHS The only areas I remember being flooded were downtown (Archies and Efiingers) on Main Street and some flooding where DeCastro's (Hotel and Bar) and Palumbo's Bakery were.
That was in the late 50's. I don't know why the floods became worse since then? I do remember the Lake in Middlesex (Victor Crowell Park) flooding over route 28 near the bridge.
It's been a long time since I've been there so I am not offeing any advice as to where you should move to.
Best of luck with your decision.

Old 12-06-2009, 04:50 PM

Thanks, The house is directly across the street from the church, you could literally park in the church parking lot to visit the house.

I spent some time in the neighborhood, it did seem like there was alot of hispanics, but it was pretty half and half.

I did put an offer on the house, and was told that the home does NOT require flood insurance because it's out of the flood zone.

In your opinions, can I expect any future resale growth with a home in BB?

any other thoughts on the town,thanks

Old 12-06-2009, 07:18 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,487,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecmcmahon View Post
Thanks, The house is directly across the street from the church, you could literally park in the church parking lot to visit the house.

I spent some time in the neighborhood, it did seem like there was alot of hispanics, but it was pretty half and half.

I did put an offer on the house, and was told that the home does NOT require flood insurance because it's out of the flood zone.

In your opinions, can I expect any future resale growth with a home in BB?

any other thoughts on the town,thanks
I think you're fine if your house is up around where you are saying it is. 6 years ago we bought a beat-up crack house to flip on East High Street (on the side of the town where the library is) and did not have to purchase flood insurance either.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:31 PM

Did you come out on top?

while im not looking to flip the house . Im looking to buy something which will be profitable when i go to sell in 3-5 years or so.

Would you say Bound brook is a dangerous neighborhood?

Old 12-12-2009, 10:22 PM

129 posts, read 380,841 times
Bound Brook is not "dangerous," just one side of BB has a transient population. BB closer to 22 is very nice. However, I think ppl might worry about the school system (unfortunately) because of its heavy Hispanic/transient population.

Again, not at all DANGEROUS. But I agree on Middlesex being a better option if you're looking to make money.

Personally, I have no problem with BB. They have a great Shop Rite there and lots of good ol' businesses....bakeries, sports stores, restaurants, etc.

Old 12-13-2009, 01:01 AM

531 posts, read 2,150,927 times
Ditto what chrismaya said about BB not being dangerous. It isn't, at all.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:10 PM

3 posts, read 6,073 times
If you plan to move in 3-5 years with a profit I would suggest looking elsewhere. I just sold my house in BB last month and boy was it stressfull and I was on the nicer side. I really didnt like the look of the side the church is on. Best of luck in whatever you choose.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:02 PM

26 posts, read 93,951 times
Default I like Bound Brook

Ditto on the other posts about Bound Brook not being dangerous - the worst that generally happens are car break-ins and the occasional drug deal (which probably happen everywhere). It's a nice little town and a good location (hour or so from the ocean, hour or so from NYC).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey