Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2009, 11:08 AM

2 posts, read 1,595 times

Advertisements

Was curious on this area

1) Is it rural or suburban?

2) Is this part of greater NY metro...greater Philly metro...or both?

3) What TV stations/cable company do you get?
-Do you get all the local Philly and NY stations?
-Do you get all the Philly and NY sports stations?

4) What is the split in
-MLB (Yanks/Mets/Phillies)
-NFL (Giants/Jets/Eagles)
-NHL (Rangers/Devils/Flyers)
-NBA (Knicks/Nets/Sixers)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 11:50 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,957,147 times
Where is Pulltown? I never heard of that one.

Princeton and Hamilton are suburban. They are both in Mercer County and you get the Philly sports and news.

I'd say the area leans more Philly/South Jersey in sports in general.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:02 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,683,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyshoes View Post
Where is Pulltown? I never heard of that one.

Princeton and Hamilton are suburban. They are both in Mercer County and you get the Philly sports and news.

I'd say the area leans more Philly/South Jersey in sports in general.
Hamilton ranges from the most urban of areas (on Trenton border) to inner ring suburb (on Broad St, etc) to suburbia (Mercerville and Hamilton Square) to the most rural (Yardville, areas that border Allentown, Chesterfield, etc).

Princeton is suburban, small town, also suburbia in the outer Princeton Twp area.

In both areas, and throughout Mercer County, you get both New York and Philly TV, radio and newspapers. You can watch all major Philadelphia and New York teams on TV.

Does this area lean more Philadelphia or New York in terms of sports? Depends on which neighbor you ask. I'm from PA and live in the Princetons, and I like all the Philly teams. But I'll watch the Yankees, Mets or Giants when I can as well. Rangers, Knicks, Nets, Jets, not as much.

I have never heard of Pulltown either.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
In both areas, and throughout Mercer County, you get both New York and Philly TV, radio and newspapers. You can watch all major Philadelphia and New York teams on TV.
I don't think you get all the sports though. I know you get both the news stations in that area (NY and Philly). But I remember there was a dividing line with Middlesex and Mercer Counties. With Middlesex not getting the Philly coverage.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:20 PM

Quote:
I don't think you get all the sports though. I know you get both the news stations in that area (NY and Philly). But I remember there was a dividing line with Middlesex and Mercer Counties. With Middlesex not getting the Philly coverage.

Not sure if Middlesex gets Philly coverage, but Somerset Cty does. Up in Franklin Park and other you can see the Phillies and Sixers. I suspect Plainsboro and South Brunswick in Middlesex Cty gets Philly games too.

Old 08-18-2009, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Not sure if Middlesex gets Philly coverage, but Somerset Cty does. Up in Franklin Park and other you can see the Phillies and Sixers. I suspect Plainsboro and South Brunswick in Middlesex Cty gets Philly games too.
They didn't when I was there (unless you had a dish or something I guess). We moved from Middlesex Cty to Mercer Cty and my Philly fan husband was very happy.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:14 AM

Quote:
They didn't when I was there (unless you had a dish or something I guess). We moved from Middlesex Cty to Mercer Cty and my Philly fan husband was very happy.
Interesting. I know someone who lives in S. Brunswick who gets Phillies, Sixers games, etc.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Interesting. I know someone who lives in S. Brunswick who gets Phillies, Sixers games, etc.
Unless they changed it, maybe your friends are paying for a premium channel?

I know that the regular cable in Middlesex carried all the NY sports as the default. But then when we moved, ta da! The cable coverage switched to Philly as the default. I don't really know what channels though, I just know that my husband was happy about it.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Unless they changed it, maybe your friends are paying for a premium channel?

I know that the regular cable in Middlesex carried all the NY sports as the default. But then when we moved, ta da! The cable coverage switched to Philly as the default. I don't really know what channels though, I just know that my husband was happy about it.
In Princeton and the Windsors, as well as Ewing, Lawrence and Trenton, we get both Philly and NY sports. News channels are Philly, but the upper tier also gives us NY news.......

Old 08-18-2009, 09:00 AM

Quote:
In Princeton and the Windsors, as well as Ewing, Lawrence and Trenton, we get both Philly and NY sports. News channels are Philly, but the upper tier also gives us NY news.......
Right, because that's Mercer County. Middlesex is different on the sports (Plainsboro, etc).

I remember getting all the news channels though in both counties. Although I usually watched the Philly local news when I wanted weather or whatever and of course, my husband watched it for the Philly local sports coverage.

The weather from the Philly stations also seemed to be more accurate for that area than the weather forecasts from the NYC stations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey