Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 08:02 PM

2 posts, read 14,141 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I currently work and stay in south Jersey. My wife recently got an admit from a university in NYC for her graduate studies and will need to commute daily. I was thinking of moving to either hamilton or princeton junction from where there are NJ transit trains to NYC. I was looking for apartments online but could not find one that was economical and near the station. My budget is around $1100. The ones that were in that price range were a bit far from the station and also NJ transit bus to and from station is not that frequent and would take a long time. Can anyone please suggest if there is any other way other than NJ transit buses to get to and from train stations (Princeton Junction or Hamilton) and also please suggest any good apartment complexes that are near the train station or a little far but from where I could find transportation to and from stations. I am open to moving to either princeton junction or hamilton.

Thanks a lot for all your Help !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 08:44 PM

386 posts, read 872,117 times
Princeton Junction on 1100? Forget about it.

Try renting at the Hamilton Crossings. If you aren't afraid of rougher areas, try renting on the Hamilton side of East State or Nottingham Way.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:56 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,053,778 times
My first thoughts were the Mews at Princeton Jct or The Crossing in Hamilton. But both are $1500.00/month.

Another thought is Plainsboro, priced in your range and there are buses to the train, but they run during comuter times.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:31 PM

386 posts, read 872,117 times
Plainsboro is good option.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:57 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,853,319 times
Why not move into the NYC area , look in Bayonne , Harrison , Kearny , Rutherford for small cities with cheap rents and short commutes to the city.

Old 04-10-2013, 05:56 AM

116 posts, read 238,866 times
I commute from Hamilton everyday. There are plenty of apartment complexes. Princeton Court is in Hamilton and about $1000-$1050 a month with heat/hot water included. Maybe 6 minutes from Hamilton Station. There is also Kuser Village in Hamilton, $970 a month with heat/hot water included. That was about 8 minutes from what I remember. Princeton is way too expensive. Plus parking is a nightmare after 7am.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:50 PM

2 posts, read 14,141 times
Thank you very much for your replies. I currently work in south jersey thats why I cannot move all the way to NY. I did look up apartmentratings.com and Kuser village is the only apartment in Hamilton that has 100% recommendation. can you please let me know if there is any public transportation available from Kuser village apartments. Or if you could suggest any other apartment in Hamilton area that is accessible through NJTransit or any other public transportation.
Can you also please suggest some apartments in lawrencville and plainsboro. Thanks a ton for your help!!

Old 04-10-2013, 08:12 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,343,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjx44 View Post
Thank you very much for your replies. I currently work in south jersey thats why I cannot move all the way to NY. I did look up apartmentratings.com and Kuser village is the only apartment in Hamilton that has 100% recommendation. can you please let me know if there is any public transportation available from Kuser village apartments. Or if you could suggest any other apartment in Hamilton area that is accessible through NJTransit or any other public transportation.
Can you also please suggest some apartments in lawrencville and plainsboro. Thanks a ton for your help!!
I don't think there is a bus route on that road...I travel it every day for work (Kuser Road), i have never seen a bus pass that apartment complex.

Old 04-13-2013, 08:41 PM

32 posts, read 64,728 times
Plainsboro is a quiet community located very close to Princeton. Parking your car at Princeton Junction is very difficult however, there is bus transportation to Princeton Junction train station. There is a huge Indian population in Plainsboro. There are several apartments in the area. Most of them are older apartments. Are you looking for a one or two bedroom apartment? You can get a 1 bedroom for $1100 but it may be difficult to find a 2bedroom for that price. Stay away from Hunters Glen (Aimco Mgmt). Another option is to check with a realestate agent about renting a condo. Sometimes you get a bit more for your money.

Here are some of the apartment complexes in Plainsboro. They are all located very close to each other. Your best bet is to check them all out:

Pheasant Hollow
Fox Run
Ravens Crest
Hunters Glen ( Aimco Management Company- I would not recommend)

Old 04-14-2013, 09:14 PM

300 posts, read 913,920 times
plainsboro is excellent option as other have mentioned. East windsor has many apartments but priceton arms may be preferable as it is closer to the train station and I heard there is shuttle that goes to the station. With EW you get little shaddy community but you get bigger apartments compared to Plainsboro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey