Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2009, 07:53 AM

1 posts, read 3,719 times

Advertisements

I grew up in Union and don't know much about the South Plainfield area. Looking at a house off of New Market ave, on elsie ave. Any ideas on how that area is? Don't have kids YET, but when I do, is this area good for raising a family?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 10:55 AM

30 posts, read 90,011 times
I've lived in south plainfield for a little over a year and really like it here. However hopefully someone a little more knowledgeable can give you more insight as to that area, since I'm not really familiar with it. sorry.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:14 AM

18 posts, read 29,785 times
My oldest brother lives in South Plainfield on Pitt Street which isn't far from Elsie Ave if I recall correctly. He has 3 kids and everything is going pretty good.
He has lived in South Plainfield his whole life hes almost 40 now.

South Plainfield was nice up until we moved when I was 11 (now 29) and I visit my brothers a few times a year and its still pretty nice except for the obvious taxes/house prices etc.

The rest of the family moved to PA as in where I am.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:19 AM

237 posts, read 1,111,119 times
If you want to be in the "Plainfields" then South Plainfield is considered the best town to live in.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:46 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,067,847 times
South Plainfield is a decent middle-class community. Not the best, far from the worst. If you are getting a good deal on a home there, I'd strongly consider it.

One nice thing about South Plainfield is that it's very convenient to most of the highways and has pretty much anything you need within a fairly close drive.

The one thing I would be cautious of in that area are the high tension powerlines. I might be wrong, but I think that they run very close by, and even if it doesn't bother you, it could affect potential resale of your home. So do your homework on that before signing on the dotted line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey