Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2007, 09:24 AM

63 posts, read 346,181 times

Advertisements

I am not familiar here but we're trying to find a good neighborhood in central nj. Anybody familiar with the area? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 07:22 PM

119 posts, read 240,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darylnb View Post
I am not familiar here but we're trying to find a good neighborhood in central nj. Anybody familiar with the area? Thanks!
South Plainfield has very nice condo/townhouse community called Traditions which is new and nice. Nearby is huge Middlesex Mall and Hardley Center shopping center that has brand new Target, Sears, Pathmark ...etc and Walmart, Shoprite, HomeDepot ...etc all very close. It is also very near Metuchen Train Station and Edison Train Station.

South Plainfield also has a very nice Highland Apartment that has security gate at x4 of Fwy 287, very luxury.

Old 10-21-2007, 05:18 PM

39 posts, read 152,306 times
If I remember correctly, theres a new homes at the back of traditions Any idea about that?

Nan

Old 10-22-2007, 03:45 AM

119 posts, read 240,487 times
I do not recall new homes in that area except Traditions is very new. In general, South Plainfield has been getting more and more popular, and that can also be shown by the brand new Target and many stores and restaurants opened in the area.

Also South Plainfield is right next to Edison, 3rd safest town in NJ. And, in particular, I heard mayor of South Plainfield living at Traditions, and snow removal and similar service seem to be quick. Besides, since their board is very smart and replace a costly insurance so the maintenance fee dropped substentially this year.

The only problem with that community is that there were dozens unit sold this year, and very few available for sale, but I am sure you can find some thru your realtor or realtor.com

Old 10-22-2007, 09:00 AM

5 posts, read 16,544 times
Hello, I live in South Plainfield. My husband and his family are from South Plainfield. I grew up just a town over in Edison and can honestly say I can not picture myself living anywhere else. South Plainfield is up and coming. It is a small close nit neihborhood ideal for raising a family. I am familiar with Traditions Townhomes. It is in a great location, however I believe they are over priced. There is a house for sale in South Plainfield which is close to shopping, entertainment, parks and schools. They just reduced the price and there will be an open house on Sunday Oct 28th. If you are interested you can contact Century 21 Morretti Reality in South Plainfield New Jersey ask for John Cole and tell him Christina refered you. The house has many updates. If you are interested I can send you some pictures. Hope this information was helpful..

Old 10-22-2007, 09:23 AM

39 posts, read 152,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ching1698 View Post
I do not recall new homes in that area except Traditions is very new. In general, South Plainfield has been getting more and more popular, and that can also be shown by the brand new Target and many stores and restaurants opened in the area.

Also South Plainfield is right next to Edison, 3rd safest town in NJ. And, in particular, I heard mayor of South Plainfield living at Traditions, and snow removal and similar service seem to be quick. Besides, since their board is very smart and replace a costly insurance so the maintenance fee dropped substentially this year.

The only problem with that community is that there were dozens unit sold this year, and very few available for sale, but I am sure you can find some thru your realtor or realtor.com
Ok may be I am specifying the location wrong. since you guys are familiar.. you might know if I explain the route that I drove checking out the area..

(1) Cross the edison train station and keep driving in the stelton road (CR 529). You cross the golf course to your left and keep going.
(2) you hit a signal for centinnial avenue (if you go left its walmart, if you go right its the sears, etc)
(3) Take a right there. Keep driving till you hit a T (thats the signal where you take 287.)
(4) Take a right there. After few blocks, to your right, you see a bunch of new homes.

Now thats the houses I am talking about

Nan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey