Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 04:37 PM

329 posts, read 1,528,700 times

Advertisements

zip 07060.

I heard the school district is not better compared to north p or south p.
The taxes for new homes are not less either.

My research indicates there have been few developments going on in small scale here and there and there is a home that I am interested in.

Also, I hear the east part of plainf is better than the west --how is it between Grant ave and plainfield ..in and around Spooner ave and seventh? I see a school (perhaps) in the satellite view there on 572 spooner ave.

the realtor i spoke to sounded as if she was on cloud 9 LOL

Last edited by lets_hope_for_newbruns; 02-26-2009 at 05:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 05:11 PM

Oh there is another development (condos) only going on at east front street -- few blocks from plainfield train station.

How is that area?

Old 02-26-2009, 08:07 PM

Good lord. I give up on this area.

I heard that hospital , Muhlenberg on park ave will be closed.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:51 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,759,049 times
Just stay out of Plainfield, period...
You're right to give up on it.

Old 03-28-2010, 04:37 PM

3 posts, read 7,887 times
There are many nice streets in plainfield and many working ,respectful people.
Every town has good and bad parts.
Look into Park Ave by the hospital and Sleepy Hollow.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:49 AM

501 posts, read 1,473,814 times
For your perusal: Plainfield man dead after Sunday morning stabbing | mycentraljersey.com | MyCentralJersey.com

This is not an unusual occurence in Plainfield.

Grant Ave. goes right through the West end, intersecting with West 7th and the area you are referring to is a 5 to 10 minute drive (if that) to some of the worst areas of the town.

They busted a bunch of members of the Bloods and Crips from the West 7th St. area and not too far from Grant Ave. this past summer by the way. You will certainly have some interesting neighbors. Run, don't walk from this city. I was born there, spent part of my childhood on West 5th St. and later moved back to rent an apartment on East 7th for a short time. I know this city all too well.

There are some beautiful old homes and small neighborhoods such as Sleepy Hollow, Crescent Ave. and the Van Wyck sections but they are also surrounded by some bad areas.

Your appreciation on any home purchase in the Grant Ave. area would be negligible.

Old 04-25-2017, 11:01 AM

215 posts, read 200,120 times
i just can't give up on plainfield. the architecture near the old muhlenberg hospital, marlborough avenue, hillside avenue, and berkely avenues is just divine. however, the school system cannot be utilized by homeowners of this caliber. private schooling is essential. otherwise, the downtown is filled with humble mountain folk from guatemala and mexico who are trying to make a living and don't like big cities. the town is a gem for me!

Old 04-26-2017, 09:09 PM

378 posts, read 586,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigo1974 View Post
i just can't give up on plainfield. the architecture near the old muhlenberg hospital, marlborough avenue, hillside avenue, and berkely avenues is just divine. however, the school system cannot be utilized by homeowners of this caliber. private schooling is essential. otherwise, the downtown is filled with humble mountain folk from guatemala and mexico who are trying to make a living and don't like big cities. the town is a gem for me!
Well, I'm not so sure about the "humble mountain folk" part, but they sure are from Guatemala and Mexico. Ecuador and Honduras too.

I like Sleepy Hollow, Netherwood, and the Hillside area. But the mountain folk don't live there.

Old 04-27-2017, 06:26 AM

46 posts, read 86,209 times
Can anyone say more about Sleepy Hollow? There's a gorgeous house there that we couldn't normally afford. I'm cool with our kids going to private schools. Is there anything else I need to know about the neighborhood? I mean are we risking life and limb here?

Old 05-03-2017, 08:24 PM

5 posts, read 8,329 times
I wouldn't recommend that area of Plainfield right now as that is where all the crime is happening. However, there are beautiful historical homes over there.

Please look into Sleepy Hollow and Netherwood where you can go on thinking that the center of Plainfield doesn't even exist if you don't want to go there. I have lived in the Netherwood Heights section for over 10 years with no issues. I love it here. The historical homes are to die for. I have not had any issue with crime in this section. I love taking walks around the neighborhood through the windy roads and down to the Hillside Historic district. The area is very pretty and charming.

I read that the Muhlenberg hospital is going to be redeveloped: https://www.tapinto.net/towns/plainf...develpment-pla .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey