Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 06:54 PM

2,771 posts, read 6,284,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
If I'm going to stop, I have to go back on my meds. By the way are you a gamer? Your handle seems D and D ish. Judging by your handle you are a 36 year old gamer.

-Marc
The handle goes back to my college days. I used to sign informal notes with a little caricature that looked like an "Elf". If the worst that happens as a result of using the handle is that I'm mistaken for a 36 year old gamer, I can live with it. At least my professional reputation will escape unscathed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 08:43 PM

4,184 posts, read 5,078,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc paolella View Post
i note your popularity is at 9.8%. Perhaps the public is afraid of bears.
lmao !!

:d

Last edited by JG183; 04-03-2009 at 09:40 PM.. Reason: .

Old 04-03-2009, 09:36 PM

268 posts, read 762,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
OK, now you are down to 9.74%. Your rep is sinking like the housing market. Say something smart, or entertaining, soon, or your rep will fall below the unemployment rate.

-Marc

Old 04-03-2009, 09:43 PM

263 posts, read 524,886 times
Great article (advice for buying/selling) from cnnmoney.com
Buyers: Factor in future drops
Sellers:Stop deluding yourself

Housing Forecast: When will home prices hit bottom? - Mar. 31, 2009

Old 04-04-2009, 12:43 AM

326 posts, read 430,432 times
Well, I guess I am in the category of those jealous ones. I think it would be much better if Mark and other agents spend their time convincing sellers to come down to earth and lobby districts to reduce property taxes. I mean my wife and I are making 160K and looking at the prices, all we can afford are slums in tri-state area if we want reasonable commute to the city. Why should I buy now if I can afford to rent double the size for the cost of owning? Or I can just wait and save. Bring the price down (or at least update your rundown house) and I promise I will buy it. Or I will just continue renting as it seems like I am not good enough to own your crap.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:43 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,537,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seren77 View Post
Well, I guess I am in the category of those jealous ones. I think it would be much better if Mark and other agents spend their time convincing sellers to come down to earth and lobby districts to reduce property taxes. I mean my wife and I are making 160K and looking at the prices, all we can afford are slums in tri-state area if we want reasonable commute to the city. Why should I buy now if I can afford to rent double the size for the cost of owning? Or I can just wait and save. Bring the price down (or at least update your rundown house) and I promise I will buy it. Or I will just continue renting as it seems like I am not good enough to own your crap.
I understand your position but do you think its real estate agents jobs to lobby districts for lower property tax?? That could be your job, my job, the tax payers job but real estate agents or Mark's job? I think it would be a huge waste of time too in this state.

Old 04-04-2009, 04:52 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,774,233 times
WOW!! I just started looking at c-d last night for the first time in a little while and I see that the same doom and gloom is going on....

I would hate to be at a party with some of these people.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
WOW!! I just started looking at c-d last night for the first time in a little while and I see that the same doom and gloom is going on....

I would hate to be at a party with some of these people.
Doom and gloom ? How so ? The falling market is great for people who are buying in the future.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seren77 View Post
Well, I guess I am in the category of those jealous ones. I think it would be much better if Mark and other agents spend their time convincing sellers to come down to earth and lobby districts to reduce property taxes. I mean my wife and I are making 160K and looking at the prices, all we can afford are slums in tri-state area if we want reasonable commute to the city.
Depending on how "reasonable" a commute you want, you won't find a suburban house of any kind within "reasonable commute to the city".

You could either get a condo or townhouse in a dense urban area like Jersey City, Hoboken, or Brooklyn that would give you a short commute, or you could get a house in Essex, Union or Bergen County which would give you a longer commute.

At 160k, you should be able to afford a 400k place without overextending yourself. On this budget, you have options in Hoboken, downtown Jersey City, and most suburban neighborhoods.

Your options will certainly be better a year from now than they are now -- prices will drop, and depending on how much your rent is, you will have more for a down payment.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:26 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,494,991 times
I'm waiting for the prices to keep coming down in hoboken. I can wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey