Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 10:22 AM

11,346 posts, read 16,711,567 times

Advertisements

I got the below email and found it interesting. Don't know if it's true or not, couldn't find it on Snopes.

What do the top ten U.S. cities with the highest poverty rate
all have in common?

The answer: Democrat leadership

Detroit, MI
(1st on the poverty list) they haven't elected a
Republican mayor since 1961

Buffalo, NY
(2nd) hasn't elected one since 1954

Cincinnati, OH (3rd)... since 1984

Cleveland, OH (4th)... since 1989

Miami, FL (5th) has never had a Republican Mayor

St. Lo uis, MO (6th).... since 1949

El Paso, TX (7th) has never had a Republican Mayor

Milwaukee, WI (8th)... since 1908

Philadelphia, PA (9th)... since 1952

Newark, NJ (10th)... since 1907

*Einstein once said, “The definition of insanity is doing
the same thing over and over again and expecting different
results.”

It is the disadvantaged who habitually elect Democrats,
- yet they are still disadvantaged.

As Charles Barkley the former NBA player stated,
“All these years the poor people have voted for the
democrats, one thing remained the same, they are still poor!”

Old 10-25-2008, 10:31 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,632,299 times
If Newark hasn't had a Republican mayor since 1907, that means democratic leadership also brough the city to it's best days since. Back in the day Italians Irish or whatever were minorities in America, why would minorities elect racists Republicans? Do you really expect poor people to vote for McCain. His wife wears a 300,000 dollar dress and Palin spend 23,000 for two weeks on make up. Tell me what do they know about being poor?

Old 10-25-2008, 10:32 AM

5,340 posts, read 13,954,333 times
MPB - we need to get you a hobby. READ MY LIPS, I'm going to go on record here. There are unscroupulous, selfish, corrupt and downright CRIMINAL leaders in the DEMOCRATIC PARTY *GASP!!!!* Another little tid-bid... Ther are ALSO unscrupulous, selfish, corrupt and downright CRIMINAL leaders in the REPUBLICAN PARTY *SHOCK*

In some of the areas mentioned here there are problems that are endemic that perhaps NEITHER party is going to be able to fix *SHOCK AND AWE*

AND since we are quoting the GREAT Charles Barkley here....

Barkley spoke for many years of his Republican Party affiliation. In 1995, he considered running as a Republican candidate for Alabama's governorship in the 1998 election.[53] However, in 2006, he altered his political stance and stated:
I was a Republican until they lost their minds, "The word 'conservative' means 'discriminatory,' practically. It's a form of political discrimination. What do the Republicans run on? Against gay marriage and for a war that makes no sense. A war that was based on faulty intelligence. That's all they ever talk about. That and immigration. Another discriminatory argument for political gain.[54]

(Charles Barkley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Last but CERTAINLY not least... while Newark has tons of problems, there also are a lot of good people - most of them not politicians - who are working within that town to improve the lives of their residents - most of whom are good people and should not be subject to the daily troubles they have to endure while pompous white folk from the suburbs sit on message boards talking about how pathetic the town is. That said, a little nicer, less sarcastic title here would have gone a long way.

Have a nice day

Old 10-25-2008, 10:40 AM

First, the email talks about Mayors, not President or VP wannabee's.

Second, obviously if these cities have had dem mayors for so many years and still poor, then they need a change, because a change can't do any worse.

Newark is the kind of city that would vote James back in once he gets out even though he screwed them for 20 years.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:51 AM

Perhaps it is due to lack of motivation to vote in such towns, feeling that NO one has their best interest at heart. Perhaps its manipulation (that happens in politics...NO). When I was growing in up JC you'd have 7 mayoral candidates and every last one was a Dem. Never a Rep. I know it's changed a bit since then, but still. Gotta be honnest, a lot of Reps are not even interested in these areas. That's not their core constituency. And if they were, I doubt they'd have true reform in mind as well.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:53 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,632,299 times
I think when people vote, they don't even know the Republican candidate but choose all Democrats down the column. I bet it's to costly for a Republican to campaign and win in these cities.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
I think when people vote, they don't even know the Republican candidate but choose all Democrats down the column. I bet it's to costly for a Republican to campaign and win in these cities.
Big factor...Dems have brainwashed the people into thinking that they are better then Repubs. When in fact the Dems in these cities have done very little to help the people.

Just look at the major cities in NJ where the dems are being arrested for fraud and stealing from the treasury.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:22 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,635,194 times
So let me get this right: If a Republican becomes mayor of Newark, all of a sudden, the city will do a complete 180 after election day? This thread is silly.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:12 PM

20,346 posts, read 19,934,560 times
It says more about each of those city's electorate than it does any particular party.

Maybe those voters expect more from elected officials than they can, or even more, should, provide.

The daddy/mommy state can't work because it just can't love it's so-called "children".

Old 10-25-2008, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
So let me get this right: If a Republican becomes mayor of Newark, all of a sudden, the city will do a complete 180 after election day? This thread is silly.
Of course it will, you don't realize that? LOL

You have to remember something else... DEMOCRAT or REPUBLICAN means very different things depending on the context. There is a big difference between either party on a national or a local level. I grew up in JC with the "political machine" and there was such a glaring difference between a Democrat there and one on a national level.

The whole things gotten quite silly really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: