Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 06:36 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,601,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
This is the time to buy if you're a long term real estate investment type. One of the partners here in my office created a real estate partnership and they're buying a whole bunch of homes (mostly short sales & foreclosures) and they're renovating all of them and renting them out.
Smart move! I had a brilliant idea... next time I buy, I'm starting a realty company and having it buy my house. This way..everything will be tax deductible!!! I will rent from myself . And God forbid I have to foreclose... I'll be personally protected by the LLC that owns the house. Plus..if I take on a partner for the LLC, we will have 2 eligible members for health ins. at group rates!!! I am just so smart sometimes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 06:37 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,421,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
2 homes in my twp. sold last week! Could it be.. Bubble is back???

Seems to be under 500K selling at the moment! Why can't those damn 500 to 600 folk start coming out!!!!
<sigh> I showed my colleague your home Wiley, but he's no interested in SFH and he's more concentrating in bergen/hudson county at the moment. I still have my ears open JIC for you.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:39 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,601,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
<sigh> I showed my colleague your home Wiley, but he's no interested in SFH and he's more concentrating in bergen/hudson county at the moment. I still have my ears open JIC for you.
Oh well..thanks for trying pal! It'll sell eventually - inventory is way down in farfennuggen... we have to be next!

Old 09-23-2008, 06:45 AM

625 posts, read 3,635,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson662001 View Post
Maybe they just didn't want to have such nosey neighbors speculating on everything they do and getting in their business.

Umm yea ok whatever

Anyway good news I got to speak to my neighbors and apparently they were leasing the home and the seller totally inflated the price to almost twice the current value of the home and plus it needs work. They are working with the bank now trying to buy it as a quick sale. We were both saying we don't want new neighbors and I hope they stay since a good neighbor is hard to come by.

Ok so now for the big question that I need answered by people who actually know what they are talking about.... What the hell is leasing a house? Is it the same as leasing a car? That seems like a ton of money to just throw away especially if you don't buy the house.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:57 AM

1,555 posts, read 4,148,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
There are two houses in my neighborhood that have sold in the past two weeks, both with quick closings too.

I'm trying to sum it up as well. What's going on, are there still buyers??
You're not familiar with "buy low, sell high"?

Old 05-13-2011, 12:19 PM

177 posts, read 447,789 times
Stop being nosy.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:04 AM

50,721 posts, read 36,424,154 times
Before others respond, be aware this thread is 3 years old...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey