Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2008, 09:26 PM
lhc lhc started this thread

13 posts, read 62,488 times

Advertisements

Hi there,
There are some lovely homes in South Orange and Maplewood that we would consider buying but taking the Jitney maybe the final straw that makes us think the whole commute from NJ isn't worth it. After the Jitney, we'd catch the train, and then since we both work on the the east side, we'd have to take the subway. After all that I'd still have to walk 10 blocks to my office.

Someone said the Jitney will take 10 mins to the train station, and walking will take 10 minutes too. So it doesn't matter if you walk or take the Jitney. But that doesn't REALLY add up because we would still need to wait for the Jitney to arrive and then once the Jitney gets us to the station we'd have to wait for the train. So I think taking the Jitney is more like adding an extra 20-30 minutes to the commute and not 10. Am I off here? Can someone tell me what their commute is like using the Jitney?
Thanks,
Lisa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 08:59 PM

1,106 posts, read 4,900,169 times
I see your question went unanswered. Probably not many on here using the jitney. I believe Maplewood has a good website with forums. You might want to try going there and asking your question.

Realize that it depends where in SO or Maplewood you move to...some places are more than a 10 minute walk. I grew up in South Orange and our house was only a 10 minute walk to train. Many of my neighbors did it and so did my brother for a while. However the Newstead area of South Orange is more than a 10 minute walk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey