Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 11:34 AM

Location: Lived Large in Parsippany NJ - Lived Larger in Livingston, NJ -- Now Living Huge in Bethlehem PA
466 posts, read 2,199,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by proud_latinadr View Post
Hello guys,

I've lived in Mount Holly, NJ for about 3 years now and since i moved here I've been going home to do my hair (New York City) but I'm already tired of driving home every Friday and I'm about to start working weekends so I don't want to drive home and drive back. Is there any one that knows about a GOOD DOMINICAN SALON in this area or close by? like Bordentown, Trenton or something close...

I really appreciate any imput...
==============================

Some great ones can be found in the hood and much cheaper - only problem is you might get robbed or have your car stolen after your hair is done. I used to work with a few ladies who normally went downtown Newark to have their hair done in these Dominican salons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2007, 10:52 AM

1 posts, read 18,976 times
For those of you living in southern NJ, the best dominican salon is Foxy Lady on Westfield Avenue in Pennsauken. I have been to several in Camden and NONE of them compare to Foxy Lady. I am a dominican salon connoisseur and I think I have tried every one in the Camden/Philly area until I stumbled across this one. They are packed, so if you go on a busy day, you should expect to wait. I recommend going on a Wednesday or Thursday. If you must go on the weekend, go Saturday after 2 or 3 pm.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:26 PM

7 posts, read 34,068 times
Default .

what a bunch of racists.

Old 05-03-2007, 03:24 PM

164 posts, read 463,649 times
For those of you who live in North Jersey or NYC, Max's Unisex is very good. They have several locations in both places but I can't find anything about them online.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:46 PM

24 posts, read 156,510 times
There is the Fab place downtown Rahway. They are doing it big in there too...every lady that walks out of that place has some beautiful bounce! I was so surprised!

Old 06-28-2007, 05:40 AM

2 posts, read 24,157 times
Default Looking for Dominican Hair Salon

Hi there!

I've lived in Newton, NJ for about 12 years now and since i moved here I've been going home to do my hair (Plainfield, NJ) but I'm tired of the traveling. Does anyone know of a GOOD DOMINICAN SALON in this area or close by? like Flanders, Hopatcong, Andover, Augusta, Blairstown, Branchville, Lafayette, etc...

Any assistance from anyone would be incredibly helpful.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:58 PM

1 posts, read 17,371 times
Default Good Dominican Salon

Quote:
Originally Posted by proud_latinadr View Post
Hello guys,

I've lived in Mount Holly, NJ for about 3 years now and since i moved here I've been going home to do my hair (New York City) but I'm already tired of driving home every Friday and I'm about to start working weekends so I don't want to drive home and drive back. Is there any one that knows about a GOOD DOMINICAN SALON in this area or close by? like Bordentown, Trenton or something close...

I really appreciate any imput...
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I live in Woodbury and a beautiful and very affordable salon opened up about a year on 138 South Broad Street. It is called Dominican Hair Design. The owner is Dominican and my wife gets her hair done twice a week. The number is 856-845-8415. I just know that when my wife goes there, she comes back with a smile from face to face.
Take care.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:06 AM

1 posts, read 17,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar41 View Post
there is a very well known salon in Elizabeth (Sonia's Hair styles).. it's normally crowded on weekends.. but you can make an appointment.. it's better on the weekdays.. they do great job.. my g/f goes there.
Is Sonia's Dominican or Spanish? I've never been to either but I'm from CT and I live in Bayonne now. All my co-workers swear by Dominican salons but I've also seen Dominican women with gorgeous hair as well.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:48 PM

562 posts, read 2,614,738 times
it's Dominican.. the owner is Sonia, her brother Mario is my barber.. close friend of mine.. they are good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by telrats View Post
Is Sonia's Dominican or Spanish? I've never been to either but I'm from CT and I live in Bayonne now. All my co-workers swear by Dominican salons but I've also seen Dominican women with gorgeous hair as well.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:14 PM

1 posts, read 17,224 times
Hello everyone looking for salons. These 2 are the top ones for me and my PR, DR, and Blacks girlfriends. Kevins salon is black and Marias salon is DR's. Enjoy

Kevin's Beauty Salon

1554 Mount Ephraim Ave, Camden, NJ 08104
(856) 963-2823

Maria's Beauty Salon

4612 Westfield Ave, Pennsauken, NJ 08110 (856) 662-7447
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey