Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 02:30 PM

1,387 posts, read 4,020,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeViper01 View Post
Just read that in the news a few minutes ago. I just laughed.

See how you all rank taking the quiz:

Quiz: Are You a Smart Driver? - AOL Money & Finance

I did pretty well. It gets a little tricky after question #8 though.
I got 15/20. Not bad for a horrible and dumb NJ driver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 04:51 PM

646 posts, read 2,669,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busch Boy View Post
I got 15/20. Not bad for a horrible and dumb NJ driver.

I also got 15/20,there are questions were myanswer is not wrong .The test is flawed.One question all the answers were right...(all of the above) I picked one,the other is what is a safe distance...2 sec,10sec,or 20 secs...I said 10 the answer is 2....no way is that right.NY drivers have never even heard of a a yellow light.Also a solid yellow line means slow down no passing but a solid white line also means no passing.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:20 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,972,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Agreed ,New Jersey has circles (round abouts ) no one else does and they(out of state drivers) have no clue on how to navagate them.
in state drivers don't have a clue either, and I know of a few circles in FLA

Old 05-22-2008, 08:23 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,972,502 times
Quote:
I also got 15/20,there are questions were myanswer is not wrong .The test is flawed.One question all the answers were right...(all of the above) I picked one,the other is what is a safe distance...2 sec,10sec,or 20 secs...I said 10 the answer is 2....no way is that right.NY drivers have never even heard of a a yellow light.Also a solid yellow line means slow down no passing but a solid white line also means no passing.
2 seconds is the correct answer, pick a fixed object when car 1 passes it car 2 counts 1---2 if you pass the object before 2 you are too close. 10 seconds is way too far apart and in NJ almost impossible to maintain, cars would be jumping into that huge space left

fwiw 19/20

Old 05-22-2008, 08:32 PM

26 posts, read 94,492 times
Quote:
Agreed ,New Jersey has circles (round abouts ) no one else does and they(out of state drivers) have no clue on how to navagate them.
Not true - Masschusetts and other parts of New England are full of them..... and NJ drivers have no clue how to navigate them either.

I have lived in 5 major cities in 5 states and by far Jersey drivers are the absolute worst. Using indicators is not a sign of weakness and speeding then slamming on breaks to then tailgate is not a skill.

Even Houston, Texas wasn't as bad although I did refrain from using my horn there on account of all the gun racks!

Old 05-22-2008, 08:49 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,761,730 times
19/20 correct. I only missed the solid yellow and I dispute the accuracy. Everyone knows solid yellow in NJ means speed up!

The one thing to remember here is that it was an AOL quiz. IMO that right there reduces the chances of someone with a high IQ taking the tests. The only people "I" know of still using AOL are kids, the elderly, and the not so bright.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:59 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,335,383 times
I have to give a vote to NH. Up here if you are going straight and they are going left-they think they have the right of way. I have been waved on telling me to go like they are doing me a favor Also a lot of times they stop in the middle of the road-dead stop- to let people out. There are other things too. The only thing worse is a MA driver. They come up to NH and think none of the rules of the road apply to them.

And the "geniuses" up here have started adding round abouts-just like a good old-fashioned NJ traffic circle only "prettied up" with trees and fancy stone. They have done this to intersections that were not that bad but now are horrible. A lot of these planning board people -and this was in the newspaper-wanted this because Europe has them and we need to move forward and be progressive The best is-one by me was constructed improperly-so if a snow plow goes by-there is not enough room and the plow damages the circle. Hello-we got 140 inches of snow last year! Another one that is being proposed near me- the people are fighting it and it looks like we may actually win on that one!

Nicolem

Old 05-23-2008, 05:05 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,335,383 times
Quote:

I got that wrong too- I always thought it was 5 seconds.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
2 seconds is the correct answer, pick a fixed object when car 1 passes it car 2 counts 1---2 if you pass the object before 2 you are too close. 10 seconds is way too far apart and in NJ almost impossible to maintain, cars would be jumping into that huge space left

fwiw 19/20

LOL................this is what I mean folks!!!! Thank You.Who cares if someone gets in front of you.....

Old 05-23-2008, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
I got that wrong too- I always thought it was 5 seconds.
Same here ,so if I go with more time I'm safer,right? Not according to the group of speed racers from around this board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey