Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2023, 12:03 AM

2 posts, read 993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
I don’t get how Montvale is “isolated”. The GSP runs through it and there’s plenty of shopping/restaurants locally.

I do agree that bordering Chestnut Ridge is a concern. That area is changing fast in a strange way.
Can you elaborate on this for me? I am considering a move to Montvale, slightly west of Chestnut Ridge bordering Upper Saddle River and was curious to what you see, hear, or observe in Chestnut Ridge,

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2023, 09:56 AM

163 posts, read 130,164 times
Orthodox religious boundaries from NY have extended into parts of Montvale, USR, and I think Mahwah as well. I don't think it's a big deal and some of the houses that have sold in the new extension are expensive, so I don't think it's weighing on values. Still something to consider.

Old 04-25-2023, 01:39 PM

4,287 posts, read 10,769,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcihhing View Post
Can you elaborate on this for me? I am considering a move to Montvale, slightly west of Chestnut Ridge bordering Upper Saddle River and was curious to what you see, hear, or observe in Chestnut Ridge,

Thank you
I mean nothing beyond what you see when you drive through the neighborhood.

It has gotten very heavily Hasidic, very quickly.

Old 04-25-2023, 05:59 PM

2 posts, read 993 times
Thank you all for the information. Im living on the west coast and have not had the chance to visit the towns physically. We are currently looking for homes online and mapping areas that seem to meet our criteria of schools, price, and location. We are mapping our May trip to visit and really appreciate the localized insights. I understand how the extension of the eruv will change the dynamic of that area.

Old 04-26-2023, 03:10 AM

182 posts, read 136,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
I mean nothing beyond what you see when you drive through the neighborhood.

It has gotten very heavily Hasidic, very quickly.
That’s a shame, such a nice area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey