Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2020, 08:40 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,763,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJnewbielandlord View Post
I'll have him beheaded by noon.....
oh no!!!! please spare me my lord!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2020, 12:26 PM

118 posts, read 67,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
im pretty sure she could tell i was joking.
I am honored to be called an evil rich landlord LMAO!!

Old 06-17-2020, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I just asked her to not respond to this post.
wait, I am also a slow landlord, where the hell do i get messages? where do i see them?
AND HOW DO I CHANGE MY PROFILE PiC?

ok yes, i a slow lol

Old 06-17-2020, 01:19 PM

Quote:
wait, I am also a slow landlord, where the hell do i get messages? where do i see them?
AND HOW DO I CHANGE MY PROFILE PiC?

ok yes, i a slow lol
i assumed that she sent you a direct message. you should have gotten a pop up or you can click under your username in the upper right. maybe she sent you a reputation comment. if you have a new one is shows up in that same area.

i do find it a little strange that she would warn you not to respond to me. i may have some fun trolling at times but i dont think people need such a warning.

is this your only rental? i find a lot of people get into renting property because its a relatively low cost of entry and relatively simple for a small business. but id imagine a non-paying tenant can quickly kill your ROI. people are all like "hire the best lawyer in town!" that also seems like a big ROI killer.

Last edited by CaptainNJ; 06-17-2020 at 01:48 PM..

Old 06-17-2020, 03:00 PM

Quote:
i assumed that she sent you a direct message. you should have gotten a pop up or you can click under your username in the upper right. maybe she sent you a reputation comment. if you have a new one is shows up in that same area.

i do find it a little strange that she would warn you not to respond to me. i may have some fun trolling at times but i dont think people need such a warning.

is this your only rental? i find a lot of people get into renting property because its a relatively low cost of entry and relatively simple for a small business. but id imagine a non-paying tenant can quickly kill your ROI. people are all like "hire the best lawyer in town!" that also seems like a big ROI killer.
I'll figure it out eventually....

She warned me to save my soul obviously!! You must really have hurt someone on here LOL.

Yeap only and last! We didnt have time to sell when I found my dream home so instead of the headache of selling (and time consuming) we rented it quickly so it wouldn't sit empty. I am not about this landlord life, way too much hassle and responsibility. I am a simple girl with a SHORT temper and this tenant has tested every bit of my patience. The only reason I havent lost my absolute **** is because I know it could work against me. But man when this is all said and done.....

No offense to lawyers either, I know great ones, but dammit they charge an arm and leg to just write a fking email...

Old 07-07-2020, 09:56 AM

Default Reference Letter

ya'll nightmare tenant is requesting Reference Letter from us.....

They are now requesting thru a "potential new landlord" a reference letter in which it states they were good tenants and never late with rent, which OBVIOUSLY they have been hence them being kicked out.
Its a catch 22 because i DO NOT want to lie to another poor landlord and have them stuck with this family but I also desperately want them out of my property.

I have a suit filed for monies owed etc but now I am stuck because I want them out but my conscious wont allow me to give them a good reference!

Recommendation? I responded that we do not give references until tenant is out of the unit and a walk through has been conducted etc. and they responded they needed a reference letter to rent the apartment...

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rr

Old 07-07-2020, 10:21 AM

yeah, i dont think you can directly lie like that. id probably just not respond.

any chance you can successfully get them evicted?

Old 07-07-2020, 12:35 PM

Quote:
yeah, i dont think you can directly lie like that. id probably just not respond.

any chance you can successfully get them evicted?
not ONLY do I not want to lie, but I would never want to pass on a deadbeat to someone else without warning. It would be awful.

I am in the process of it already and submitted with courts etc, but since things are just picking up its likely to be some time before we are assigned a court date.

The civil suit claiming unpaid rent etc will hit them before the eviction process will.

Old 07-07-2020, 02:37 PM

551 posts, read 1,190,172 times
Quote:
not ONLY do I not want to lie, but I would never want to pass on a deadbeat to someone else without warning. It would be awful.

I am in the process of it already and submitted with courts etc, but since things are just picking up its likely to be some time before we are assigned a court date.

The civil suit claiming unpaid rent etc will hit them before the eviction process will.
Wow so you had to do 2 different case filings in court? I too am new landlord and now want to just sell and move to the burbs.. hopefully soon

Old 07-07-2020, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonorityGenius View Post
Wow so you had to do 2 different case filings in court? I too am new landlord and now want to just sell and move to the burbs.. hopefully soon
Hi, I filed an eviction notice but also a civil suit to collect past due rent.

You have to file both separately. I filed the suit now even though they have no moved in order to put them on notice that we ARE going after them legally regardless. We are talking 6mth rent free.

It's my first and last time, I dont have the patience to deal with deadbeats- the dominicana in me is not built to give a pass to deadbeats!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey