Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2010, 03:40 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,638,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekreigismyfavoritenflp View Post
More pics of 'da garden state' for youse guys
Now we are talking. That's the Jersey I grew up in. Any of the oil refineries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 08:57 AM
EB2 EB2 started this thread

1,925 posts, read 6,371,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Now we are talking. That's the Jersey I grew up in. Any of the oil refineries.
It costs 100.00 to feed the trolls.

I'll send you my P.O. box number.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:48 AM

1,184 posts, read 4,047,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
folks - just make sure they are your pictures and not copyrighted. thanks.
Please remember the above.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:39 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,896,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NNJRacer View Post
Very nice pictures of the farm, that type of thing is rare in "The Garden State" I know we have some but it's getting less and less.

not here in burlington county!! More farms then any county in NJ

Old 11-09-2010, 12:18 PM

614 posts, read 1,377,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
not here in burlington county!! More farms then any county in NJ

Well thats good to hear, but here every patch of grass MUST be built on! I like to see progression too but when it becomes too much it's not good. Of course we can ONLY build on what has never been built upon, yet can't go back to renovate the old that has been ruined. Why is that? Old towns need to get built back to liveable again, leave the areas that are untouched, untouched.

..... while humans consume all the resources wherever they are and then move on. ...

Old 11-09-2010, 12:58 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,888,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjd72 View Post
Well thats good to hear, but here every patch of grass MUST be built on! I like to see progression too but when it becomes too much it's not good. Of course we can ONLY build on what has never been built upon, yet can't go back to renovate the old that has been ruined. Why is that? Old towns need to get built back to liveable again, leave the areas that are untouched, untouched.

..... while humans consume all the resources wherever they are and then move on. ...
I've been saying this for years.

Old 11-10-2010, 01:12 PM

1,184 posts, read 4,047,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjd72 View Post
Of course we can ONLY build on what has never been built upon, yet can't go back to renovate the old that has been ruined. Why is that? Old towns need to get built back to liveable again, leave the areas that are untouched, untouched.
I'd love to see rehabilitation of the old, tired parts of the state too. The "problem" is there are so many steps that need to be taken by a developer which require upfront outlays that it becomes cost prohibitive with no guarantee they will be able to make even a small profit. Thus, it's always going to be easier for the developer to use undeveloped land then to go into established locations and take all the necessary steps to reclaim the property.

While most of these areas could be bulldozed rather quickly, keep in mind the fact that many of the structures still have people living in them. That means developers would have to do at least a title search to confirm there are no liens on the property and then an assessment of each house to determine "fair market value." Here the issue is, how can the developer square up paying fair market value for something they are going to bulldoze to make way for new.

Also, keep in mind that some of the houses and buildings that appear to be old and run down may be designated historical. This means the developer then needs to work closely with historians and architects to restore the facades to their original form, generally speaking. Inside, they can do what they want as long as they meet the UCC for the scope of work being done.

To keep this a photograph thread, here are several photos I took of the Hoagland-Clark House here in South Brunswick. It dates from the 1770's. Currently it is on the Preservation New Jersey's Top 10 Endangered Historic Sites. Surrounding it are 1970's-esque split level homes that were built on the farmland in the area. Personally, I'm glad this one is being saved and that the new owner is going to restore it to its original beauty.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:24 PM

23 posts, read 53,755 times
Default pics

More pics of New Jersey

Jersey shore:

New Jersey has vineyards:

Old 11-15-2010, 02:19 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,888,730 times
This spamming is getting ridiculous, but at least it's taken a positive note.

Old 11-20-2010, 12:08 PM

10 posts, read 25,879 times
Default Great pics!

I'm going to start shooting some jersey pics to upload. i've always fancied the old churches in New Jersey!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey