Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 06:51 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,628,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCmum View Post
Any thoughts on Morganville? Found a house on Route 79 N . Thanks
I would never consider a home on a major road. The price value really has to be off the charts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 10:24 AM

968 posts, read 1,144,365 times
Quote:
Thank you. The house we are looking at in Morganville is actually on Route 79 and there is nothing around, no neighbors either. Im worried about how my daughter will adjust to that as she will have no friends to play with, the house is nice on 3 acres but that area looks rural to me as there is nothing to walk to, my husband who is from NJ disagrees and says that's not rural at all
Morganville (Marlboro) is such a "blah" town. Hate it out that way. I have relatives in Manalapan and hate that area too. Feels like you're near nothing.

Old 05-09-2017, 11:56 AM

1,057 posts, read 2,421,572 times
Thank you everyone, we passed on that house for those reasons, it just looked like there was nothing to do around there and sorta rural for me. Now we are looking at a property on S Laurel avenue in Hazlet, and one in the strathmore area of Middletown. Any feedback on those areas? Thank you

Old 05-09-2017, 12:56 PM

Hazlet is OK, nothing special. Blue collar/lower middle class. Overpriced for what is there. Middletown is a big, sprawling area and has some very high end areas and very blue collar areas, and some areas that are in between - similar to Old Bridge. I do not know of any area of Middletown called Strathmore. There is an area of Aberdeen called Strathmore which I am pretty sure was built by Levitt after WWII and is supposed to be the most desirable part of Aberdeen. But Aberdeen is also lower middle class like Hazlet for the most part. Not bad places to live by any stretch, but mixes of blue and white collar, convenient to the Garden State Parkway and NJCL. Rts 35 and 36 can be pretty dumpy, especially the north side of those roads up on the bay.

Old 05-09-2017, 01:41 PM

Thank you, you are right, it was Strathmore part of Matawan, not Middletown , sorry all these towns are confusing to me. That house is on LLoyd Rd, some addresses show it as Matawan others as Aberdeen, not sure why .

Old 05-09-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Thank you, you are right, it was Strathmore part of Matawan, not Middletown , sorry all these towns are confusing to me. That house is on LLoyd Rd, some addresses show it as Matawan others as Aberdeen, not sure why .
It's Aberteen Township which shares a zip code with Matawan Borough and parts of Old Bridge.

Old 05-09-2017, 02:59 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,096,070 times
The brick is a red solid rectangular object usually made from clay...

Old 05-09-2017, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoNJtoPA View Post
It's Aberteen Township which shares a zip code with Matawan Borough and parts of Old Bridge.
Got it. Thank you. What do you think of that area vs Hazlet?

Old 05-09-2017, 09:16 PM

32 posts, read 60,306 times
Quote:
Got it. Thank you. What do you think of that area vs Hazlet?
Apologies for barging in, but facially they're pretty similar. Nice little suburban neighborhoods between busier roadways. You'll pretty much pay the same in property taxes in both towns. Aberdeen has better schools and is a bit more diverse. Strathmore is a good neighborhood and you can walk to the shops on 34 if you wanted. Hazlet also has a handful of nice neighborhoods and both towns are definitely on the more affordable side for Monmouth County.

I remember Hazlet gets pretty congested with all of the highways, particularly in the summer and during commutes. you really can't go wrong with either but I think Aberdeen has more going on. It's gotten a lot of redevelopment activity lately while Hazlet still has those two big empty shopping centers on 36. In the neighborhood you're looking at in Hazlet, there's more trees and open space but the roads are busy especially when school lets out. In Strathmore, it's a little more crowded and houses are on the smaller side.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
The brick is a red solid rectangular object usually made from clay...
And Marlboro is a cigarette brand
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey