Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 08:31 AM

1,057 posts, read 2,419,134 times

Advertisements

Thank you everyone, we will cross those off of the list. What do you guys think about Red Bank, we saw a few houses there we liked and the area seems nice. Any info on the state of the elementary school & middle school in the area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 02:28 PM

Can someone comment about Hazlet? The schools and area? This would be on Line Road. Thanks

Old 05-03-2017, 03:46 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,457,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCmum View Post
Can someone comment about Hazlet? The schools and area? This would be on Line Road. Thanks
Quote:
Thank you everyone, we will cross those off of the list. What do you guys think about Red Bank, we saw a few houses there we liked and the area seems nice. Any info on the state of the elementary school & middle school in the area?
I think if you can expound a bit about your housing desires it might help people list towns in Monmouth County. at your budget you can afford a home in many towns that people here on CD usually call nice/good. However, if you need a huge 3K sq ft house on an acre its going to limit you. If you can deal with a 1500 sq ft cape on a 60X140 lot you can afford some towns people hold in high esteem, esp if top schools, low crime, downtown, access to ocean, etc matter more so.

Old 05-03-2017, 05:36 PM

Yes , 1500 sq is definetely good. What towns do people hold in high esteem? My husband found houses in amazing lots , new updates, very quaint and charming in Keyport . They are also priced very nicely. Do you know anything about that area? We found a few on Church st, Broadway St, Green grove Ave and 1st street. What we are looking for really is a nice town to raise a family, urban with a small town feel, where people still talk to their neighbors, and community activities fir families on weekends, summers and also decent schools. Diversity is also important with safety. Thanks

Old 05-03-2017, 11:26 PM

32 posts, read 60,162 times
Quote:
Nice area with some traffic but pretty bucolic suburban living. The section of Hazlet along Line Road is pretty indistinguishable from Aberdeen and feels more like Aberdeen because the Parkway separates the neighborhood from the rest of Hazlet. It's a nice neighborhood (imo) with modestly-sized homes/prices and a family feel. Think Hazlet goes to Raritan High School which is pretty middle of the road but nothing to shake a stick at. There is an elementary school in the neighborhood to boot.

Primary issues I think would be noise from the Parkway and train but it's nothing you can't get used to.

Old 05-04-2017, 07:47 AM

Thank you, my husband went to see that house and he likes it, I will get to see it this weekend. I'm still looking for feedback on Keyport. It seems like a nice town with a community feel, we found a few houses on Church st, Broadway St, Green grove Ave and 1st street. Any thoughts about those areas?

Old 05-05-2017, 10:02 AM

Any thoughts on Morganville? Found a house on Route 79 N . Thanks

Old 05-05-2017, 03:44 PM

32 posts, read 60,162 times
Quote:
Thank you, my husband went to see that house and he likes it, I will get to see it this weekend. I'm still looking for feedback on Keyport. It seems like a nice town with a community feel, we found a few houses on Church st, Broadway St, Green grove Ave and 1st street. Any thoughts about those areas?
Personally I love Keyport. The way I've always heard it described is that it's always on the cusp of a comeback in terms of the economy, so I think there's a few vacant storefronts and more rentals but overall it's fairly stable. As far as I know it is pretty safe. The downtown is pretty nice and it's busy without being touristym and the views are some of the best in Monmouth County. It has nice, walkable neighborhoods and always felt like a family town to me. I went to school with people who grew up in Keyport and they liked it a lot. It's not a typical town in the county but is pretty special. I would just check to see if you're in a flood zone, and if you are just make sure your house is elevated or doesn't get water damage.

Morganville is also nice but there's not much to it unless being in a Marlboro school is a big priority. There are some nice older subdivisions up in the woods, but you're kind of sandwiched between Routes 79/18/9 and so the traffic can get rough. The thing with that area is that there are a few environmentally contamination sites in the vicinity. Keyport has some too, but I remember it being a factor when we were looking to live in monmouth County.

Old 05-05-2017, 07:42 PM

Thank you. The house we are looking at in Morganville is actually on Route 79 and there is nothing around, no neighbors either. Im worried about how my daughter will adjust to that as she will have no friends to play with, the house is nice on 3 acres but that area looks rural to me as there is nothing to walk to, my husband who is from NJ disagrees and says that's not rural at all

Old 05-06-2017, 07:20 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,922,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
I won't say much about the minimum one hour commute from Brick to New Brunswick, because I assume that you are already aware of that reality, and are not bothered by it. However, you may not realize that Brick in in the epicenter of the Opiate/Opioid addiction problem in NJ, namely Ocean County.

One would expect gritty urban areas like Newark, Paterson, and Camden to have severe drug problems, but you should be aware that Brick rivals those largely-ghetto cities in terms of the severity of the drug problem. I guess that the only good news for Brick is that the Opiate/Opioid problem in that town isn't quite as severe as it is in nearby Toms River.

https://patch.com/new-jersey/morrist...-data-released

Oh for F's sake- give it a rest already- you make it sound like I have to plow thru drug dealers on every corner on my way to the Shoprite. Geez- seriously??

OP there are multiple lovely neighborhoods, good schools and active sports programs in both Brick and Toms River where 99.999% of the population somehow manage carry on without a daily fix- -you wouldn't go wrong in either-good luck in your search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey